rainy day heartbreaks

Rain pours down from the sky as a result from the humidity over these last few days. The sky is dark gray, and the winds blow the palm trees back and forth.

The water droplets falling from the sky drip down the screens of the sunroom that I'm sitting in. The sunroom is connected to my house, but I wanted to sit in here with Cameron to talk to him before I make him leave my house and ultimately leave my life.

I stare at the boy before me, clenching my jaw in an attempt to keep myself from crying.

He takes my hand in his and I give in, a tear slipping down my face.

"Y/N..." Cameron's voice comes out strained as his teary eyes look into mine. "Please don't cry."

"It's too late, Cameron." I shake my head. "I've already cried for hours over you."

Cameron stares into my eyes, his mouth gaping open slightly. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you."

I shake my head, sniffling as I wipe my tears. "Why'd you do it?" I question, staring at the ground.

"I don't know, it was the stupidest thing I've ever done. I was drunk and I missed you." He speaks softly. "I knew deep down that it was wrong, but she kept kissing me, and one thing lead to another and-"

"Stop." I sob, resting my head in my hands. "Stop talking."

"Y/N, I'm sorry." He whispers, his voice shaking.

"Shut up, Cameron!" I raise my voice, staring at him as tears stream down my face. "What you did is unforgivable... no amount of apologies will make me forgive you."

After a few moments of silence I speak again, staring into his eyes, so that the words really get to him.
"Do you know what my day was like the day I found out about what you did?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. "My coworker got a promotion and I didn't. I found out that my uncle is in the hospital. I came home, and my little brother was sick, so I had to take care of him. And then guess what?"

Cameron stares at me, not speaking.

"I found out that later that night, your stupid, drunk ass slept with my ex-best friend at the party that I couldn't go to because my brother was sick. I wonder if maybe you wouldn't have cheated on me if I was there, or if you would've still made the same decision? You probably would've because clearly, our relationship doesn't mean anything to you." I speak clearly, making more tears roll down his face.

"That's not true." He shakes his head, taking my hand. "I love you."

"Bullshit, Cameron." I yank it from him, crossing my arms.

I hear a soft knock at the door of the sunroom.

"Yeah?" I sniffle, wiping my eyes.

"Y/N?" My four year old brother calls my name. "Is Cameron here?"

"Yup." I open the door and he runs in, running over to Cameron excitedly. I watch them, tears pooling on my waterline once more.

"Hey, buddy." Cameron rubs his head as he hugs him, sniffling.

"Cameron?" My younger brother looks up at him. "Can we play with trucks today?"

I feel my chest ache and I chew on my nail, a tear rolling down my face.

"Not today, bud." Cameron shakes his head, taking a deep shaky breath.

"Why not? You make the truck noises better than Y/N." my little brother tugs on Cameron's hand and Cameron chews on his lip, clearly trying to keep his emotions under control.

"I'm not going to be able to play with you for a while, okay, bud? I'm going away for a little bit."

"Where are you going?" He asks innocently and I shake my head.

"Hey, cutie, come here." I call my brother over and his little legs run him over to me. "Why don't you go ask mommy if she needs help cooking dinner?"

He nods and runs off.

"Cameron, I think you should go." I whisper and unlock the door, opening it into the rain. "I don't want to see you again."

"Okay." He nods, a tear rolling down his face. "I understand. I just want you to know that I still love you."

"Goodbye, Cameron." I shake my head and he nods, walking away into the rain. I sob and cover my mouth, sinking down onto the couch as I cry.

Why do the ones that we love the most, hurt us the worst?

A/N

Hope you enjoyed, this made me cry ahah
Have a good weekend!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.