bad news

come to the park, babe. I wanna see you.

I send the message and stare at the screen, waiting for him to reply. I see the bubble pop up to show that he's typing and then his message appears.

okay, see you soon xoxo

I lock my phone and place it in my lap, staring out at the fields.

Within fifteen minutes I see Cameron jogging across the park to get to the bench I'm sitting at. I cringe when I see how happy he is, knowing that I'm about to darken his mood.

"Hey, baby!" Cam reaches the bench and kisses me on the cheek, sitting next to me. I smile slightly, avoiding eye contact. "Are you okay? You seem sad."

"Cam, that's why I wanted to see you." I take a deep breath, focusing on the blades of grass ahead of me. "I need to talk to you."

Cam takes my hand in his and laces our fingers together, squeezing my hand. I stare at our interlocked fingers as a lump forms in my throat. I've rehearsed telling Cameron the news over fifty times in my head, but now I've forgotten what to say and I can't get any words out.

I clear my throat and begin to speak.

"I'm moving, Cameron." I stare our hands, unable to look into his eyes. "I'm moving to New York City."

"What?" My long term boyfriend whispers, his hand falling limp and no longer squeezing mine.

"My dad got fired at his job and my grandma is sick. We need to move to New York to take care of her and so that my dad can find work."

"When are you leaving?" His voice cracks and I feel my lip quiver, not wanting to have this conversation at all.

"Tomorrow at five in the morning." I continue to stare at my hands.

"When did you find out about this?" His voice comes out strained.

"Last night." Another tear rolls down and I wipe it away.

"Senior year is starting in a week." He mumbles. "I need you."

"Cam," I feel my eyes water and I try to blink the tears back. "I don't have a choice."

"Y/N, you do. You can stay at my house. You can live in the guest bedroom. My mom loves you already." Cameron speaks quickly. "Come on, you can't leave me baby."

I glance up at his eyes and see that they're teary, which breaks my heart.

"Cameron, please don't make this harder than it already is." I beg and wipe a tear.

Cameron stays silent and I look away from his eyes, sniffling.

"Cameron, I'm gonna need to make new friends in New York and you'll have to make more friends here." I begin and avoid his gaze, knowing that his big brown eyes will break my heart even more. "I don't want to hold you back."

"Y/N," I can hear that Cameron is crying now. "Please don't say what I think you're about to."

"Cameron, I think we should break up." Tears roll down my cheeks and I don't even bother wiping them.

"Baby, no." Cam grabs my hand again. "We can make long distance work. Please don't break up with me."

"How are we supposed to make it work, Cam?" I look up at him to see that he's a mess just like me. "We barely see each other here in California. How are we supposed to fit in video chats and phone calls?"

"I don't know, but we'll make it work. We've made it three years, we can't give up now." Cam squeezes my hand and I shake my head.

"Cameron, I don't want to hold you back. We need to break up." I lean forward and connect our lips, sharing my last passionate kiss with Cameron. "I love you."

I stand and jog away to my car, sobbing.
I speed away, tears streaming down my face.
"I love you, Cameron." I sob to myself. "I'll always love you."

A/N

Aw, sad imagine! :-(
Hope you enjoyed!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes