shooting stars

My shaky fingers tap on the screen of my iPhone, reaching my best friend's contact information. I'm having another anxiety attack and he is the only person that helps me through them.

"Cam?" I ask into my phone, taking a shaky breath. I hold my shaking hand over my other ear, blocking out the blasting music and yelling downstairs. "It's happening again. Can I come over?"

"Of course, Y/N. Do you want me to pick you up?" My best friend responds quickly and I can hear rustling over the line, which I assume is him sitting up.

"No," I slip my shoes on. "I'll walk. I'll see you in a few."

I end the call and walk quietly down my steps, placing my hand on the knob of our front door.

"Where are you going?" My brother yells from the kitchen. I glance over and see my mom in the backyard drinking with her friends, the music blasting. A few of her other friends are smoking behind my house and a few other people are making out. My home looks like a high school house party, and this happens pretty often. Since my dad left a few years ago, my mom drinks and smokes to forget her sadness, leaving my brother and I to take care of ourselves. My brother has tons of friends and he never seems upset, unlike me.

"Cameron's." I reply, opening the door.

"Have fun fucking him, slut!" My brother laughs as one of his friends makes the comment.

I ignore him and walk out the front door, strolling down the driveway.

I walk down the street, concentrating on my breathing. I pass the street lights and the trees, finally arriving at his house.

I walk up to the front door and knock with my shaky hand. The door opens moments later and Cameron stands there in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"Hey, Y/N." Cameron smiles at me sadly and I look up at him. "You're still having an anxiety attack?"

I nod and his arms reach out, pulling me into his embrace.

"It's okay, you're okay." He holds me close and strokes my hair kindly.

"Cam, my hands won't stop shaking." I whisper and hold them out for him to see.

"Come on, I'll get us some food and then we can sit at our spot, okay?" He suggests and I nod.

I stand in the doorway of his kitchen and he grabs a bunch of our favorite snacks before leading me back up to his room. He slides the window open and I stand behind him, clutching my hands together in an attempt to get them to stop shaking.

He climbs out first, taking a blanket with him. Then he lowers himself back into his room and takes my shaky hand, helping me stand on his dresser and push myself out his window.

"Be careful." He speaks softly, pulling me up. I take a few steps and sit on the blanket that he rolled out, hugging my knees to my chest.

Cameron and I have been best friends for years and whenever one of us is upset or just wants someone to talk to, we go on Cameron's roof, overlooking his backyard and the rest of the neighborhood.

I turn my head to look over at my backyard, seeing the lights flashing to go along with the loud music blaring.

"Your mom is sleeping through this?" I question, looking over at Cameron.

"We're all kinda used to it now. Your mom throws parties pretty often." Cameron explains and I nod, resting my chin on my knee.

"Are you feeling a bit better now?" Cameron asks quietly and I nod, looking over at him.

"Yeah, I'm shaking less." I pick at my cuticles and stay silent for a few moments before speaking again. "I'm just pissed off."

"At your mom?"

"Yeah, and at everything. My home life sucks. My dad decided to leave us when I was fourteen and my brother was sixteen, my mom won't stop drinking, my brother and his friends are always making rude and gross comments, you're my only friend, I don't have a clue of what I'm doing after high school, and I can't stop these stupid anxiety attacks." I speak quickly, ranting. After I'm done speaking I take a deep breath and exhale slowly, running my fingers through my hair.

Cameron stays silent and I sigh, breaking the silence after a few moments.

"I'm sorry, Cameron." I shake my head, running my fingers through my hair.

"For what?" He asks and I look over at him to see his furrowed brow.

"I'm always upset, and I'm always coming over to your house shaking and crying like a crazy person. You don't deserve this, I'm sorry." Mumbling, I look down.

"Don't apologize. It's what I'm here for. I've had my fair share of rants about my dad." Cameron rubs my shoulder and I scoot closer, resting my head against his shoulder. "Wanna lay down?"

I nod and we lay flat on the blanket, staring up at the sky.

We gaze at the stars for a while and I see a streak across the sky.

"Was that a shooting star?" Cameron asks, happiness in his voice.

"Either that or my mom popped another bottle of champagne." I laugh and so does Cameron.

"Make a wish!" He shouts and I shut my eyes.

"Wanna hear my wish?" I ask softly and look over at my friend to see that his eyes are still shut.

"Well if you tell me it won't come true." He chuckles and I lean over quietly, pressing my lips to his. He hesitates but kisses me back, placing his hand on my waist. We kiss for a moment and I lean back.

"Did I just ruin everything?" I ask quickly, fear setting in.

"I hope not, because that's what I wished for." Cameron whispers and I smile big, looking into his eyes before he kisses me again.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed!
Don't forget to like/comment if you liked this chapter :-)
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.