comfort

Cameron's POV

I hear frantic knocking at the front door and I pause the movie I'm watching, looking out the window to see who it is.

I see Y/N. She's been my next-door neighbor since I moved here about five years ago. Since I moved here, she's been my best friend for all of the years she's been here. I've also had a huge crush on her forever but no one knows that.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." I shout and jump over the edge of the couch, walking over to the door.
Her knocking at the door doesn't stop until I open the door and I see her standing there, her black makeup smudged down her cheeks, which I assume is because of the downpour of rain outside.

"Hey, Y/N, I thought you'd be at Michael's. I didn't know you were-" Y/N cuts me off, attacking me with a hug.

I hug her back, shutting the door. I realize that her shoulders are shaking and she's crying.
"Hey, are you okay?" I rub her back and furrow my brow in confusion. "Why are you crying?"

"Michael cheated on me." She sobs and hugs me tighter. I lift her off the ground and carry her to the couch.

"He what?" I set her down and hold onto her trembling hands, looking into her teary eyes.

"I went over to his house to hang out and the front door to his house was unlocked and I heard a girl talking but I assumed it was his mom." Another tear slips down her cheek and I look at her sadly, hearing the pain in her voice as she continues. "So then I walked inside and they were having sex on the couch. And I guess he heard me come in because he pushed me out the front door into the rain and slammed the door shut without saying anything."

"Y/N, I'm so sorry..." my mouth hangs open and I squeeze her hand.

"He didn't even apologize... or say anything."

Her knees curl up to her chest and she sobs. I pull her closer gently and stroke her hair, not knowing what else to do.

I've hated this guy that she's been dating since the first time I met him six months ago.

"You know what makes it worse?" She sniffles, laughing sadly. "We were waiting for each other. He told me he'd wait for me until prom night. We've never even had sex and I thought I was special enough for him to wait, but he's been fucking some other girl the whole time. I guess I wasn't worth the wait."

"Y/N, you are one hundred percent worth the wait. He's just a douchebag." I rub her arm and frown. "I'm sorry that he broke your heart like this... I'll beat the crap out of him if you'd like."

Y/N shakes her head, smiling slightly before beginning to cry again.

"Cam, I should've listened to you." She sobs and I furrow my brow in confusion. "One time I fell asleep over your house and I heard you talking to Chris when you thought I was asleep. I know that you thought he wasn't right for me all along."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you how I felt. I just wanted you to be happy." I look down and she squeezes my hand.

"I know you did, thank you." She nods and takes a breath. "I'm sorry for coming to your house like this... crying and ranting."

"It's okay, you deserve better." I hug her again, rubbing her back. "You always deserved better while you were with him. You deserve the world, Y/N."

I wish so badly to tell her how I feel about her, how bad I want her to be my girlfriend... but I know I can't. I know that if she doesn't feel the same about me, it'll ruin everything we have. It'll ruin all of those years of friendship.

While I think about this, I'm distracted and I barely even realize when she sits up.

Right when I snap back into reality, Y/N leans in and her lips land on mine. I place my hand on her back, kissing her back. She's felt the same way the whole time and I didn't even know it.

I smile into the kiss, finally getting what I've wanted for so long.

"I'd wait for you, Y/N." I glance from her lips to her eyes. "I'd wait for you if that's what you wanted."

She grins, realizing that I'm referring to earlier in our conversation when she told me Michael didn't wait for her, and she leans in again, connecting our lips once more.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed!
I thought this was a cute idea haha
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.