speak

I wake up and check the digital clock next to my bed.

Saturday, December 15th, 2016
9:47AM

I get up and get dressed, applying minimal makeup. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey, mom." I wave and get an apple from the fridge, sliding my converse sneakers on.

"Hey, honey." She looks up from her work computer, her brown hair tied up in a bun. "Are you going to see Cameron?"

I nod, taking a bite out of my apple.

"Okay, good luck." She nods and smiles sadly. I thank her and walk out the front door, getting in my car.

I drive the familiar route to the house that I go to every day.

I rethink a bunch of different strategies that I can use to try to get Cameron to talk, but today I'm a just a lot more sad than hopeful. I miss the old Cameron so much... I miss our long talks, him always cracking jokes, the both of us being crazy together because we were just so in love and didn't care what people thought.

But those days that used to be ordinary are now distant dreams.

One of our extremely close friends got in a bad car accident a little over a month ago and he lost his life. Cameron has said maybe three words since the tragedy.
I get out of my car and walk up, knocking on the door, causing it to open within fifteen seconds.

"Hi, Y/N." Gina opens the door, hugging me. "Cameron's upstairs."

"I figured." I nod before thanking her.

I climb the stairs, walking over to Cam's room. I open the door slowly and he looks up blankly.

"Hey, Cam." I wave and shut the door behind me.

I sit on the bed, taking his hand in mine.

"How are you feeling today?" I ask even though I know I won't get an answer. Cam just looks up at me, frowning.

I stroke his hand with my thumb, leaning against his wall.

"Cameron, baby, please talk." I try to look into his dull eyes. "Please."

He simply looks down at me with his broken eyes, not saying anything.

"Cam," my voice shakes and my eyes fill with tears and I try to blink them away. "Please just say anything."

His gaze falls down and he looks down at his hands.

"Baby," I scoot closer to him hesitantly, tears pooled on my waterline. "I know you're upset. What you're going through is beyond horrible, and I'm so so sorry..."

He looks up at me and I notice that his eyes are teary too.

"But Cam, I miss you so much." I smile in an attempt to not cry. "I know you're not gonna pretend to be happy, I don't expect you to... but please just say something..."

He remains silent, just as he has for the past four weeks. I've stopped by every day after school and stayed most of the day on weekends, just trying to get him to talk. Gina thinks I'm the only person that can get him to talk.

The day Cameron and I found out about the accident, we just held each other and cried for a really long time. Since then, I haven't cried in front of him because various people have told me that crying in front of him will make it harder for him to open up and talk.

But today I just couldn't hold it in anymore. Coming here every day and seeing Cameron, who used to be the most vibrant person in my life, being silent and sad takes a toll on me.

A few tears roll down my cheeks and I squeeze my eyes shut. I get up and turn away from him, looking out the window to see the California palm trees sway in the breeze.

"I-I'm gonna go Cam." I take in a shaky breath. "I love you. Call me if you wanna talk." I feel a few more tears roll down and I open his bedroom door, stepping out.

"Y/N, wait-" I hear the voice that I've missed so much. I take in a sharp breath and turn around, seeing Cam sitting up in bed. "C'mere."

Another tear rolls down and I walk over to him quickly, sitting on the bed.

"Can I hold you?" A tear rolls down his cheek and he opens his arms.

I nod and crawl over, lying in his arms... something I've been longing for.

"I've missed your voice..." I sob, clutching onto him.

"Shh... it's okay." He strokes my hair, his voice hoarse. "Baby look at me."

I lean back, looking into his chocolate eyes.

"I'm so sorry I've put you through this." He rubs underneath my eyes, wiping the tears away.

"Cam, it's oka-" I start but he cuts me off.

"It's not... It's not okay. It doesn't matter how sad I am, I shouldn't just ignore everyone every day. It really really sucks that I lost one of my best friends, but I know he wouldn't want me acting this way." Cam smiles sadly. "Thank you for coming here every day. You might not have realized, but you really have been helping me. I love you."

"I love you, Cam." I say quietly, hugging him again. "Please don't leave me again."

"I won't." He strokes my hair some more, kissing the top of my head.

A/N

This has been in my drafts for a while haha
Thank you so much for all of the love I've been getting!
Perfect has 5.29k views??? That's insane!!! Thank you so much for the sweet comments on both this book and my other one!

I hope you enjoyed this imagine!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.