the last morning

(Cameron's POV)

I lay in bed, Y/N sprawled across the sheets next to me. I open my eyes and take a few minutes to admire her beauty before her alarm clock goes off, waking her. I've decided that this will be the last morning I have with her, so I spend my time wisely.

Her sleek, perfectly straight hair lays across her shoulders messily. The black eyeliner and mascara from the night before is slightly smudged, along with her lipstick. We barely saw each other, let alone kissed each other last night... but I'm used to this.

Y/N's alarm goes off and her eyes flutter open as she reaches to shut it off. I shut my eyes quickly, pretending to be asleep.

She gets out of bed, barely moving the blankets. I guess she's used to doing that.

Y/N goes into the bathroom and I roll over, checking my phone. She lazily shuffles out of the bathroom.

"Oh, you're awake..." she glances at me. "Good morning."

"Good morning." I yawn. "Another late night at work last night?" I go along with the lie she tells almost every morning, clinging onto any conversations we can share. She stumbled in last night at 1:30 in the morning, exactly eight hours after her shift ends, and exactly five and a half hours after her office closes.

"Yeah, sorry about that." She mumbles, glancing at me. "I hope you didn't wait up for me."

"I was too tired, I fell asleep. I didn't hear you come in." I lie again. I sit up and watch her get dressed, focused on her effortless beauty.

She slides her wedding ring on, which she takes off each night when she hooks up with other men.

She stretches, accidentally letting her robe slide down to her elbows. I see reddish-purple marks litter her skin that I didn't put there. She quickly pulls it back up and looks at me from the corner of her eye to see if I noticed. I swallow hard and look away. I should stop getting so upset about this... once again, I'm used to this.

She comes over and unplugs her phone, taking it into the bathroom with her.

"I'm getting in the shower, okay?" She speaks to me but her eyes are focused on her phone screen.

"Okay." I nod, getting out of bed and going downstairs to get breakfast.

I make some pancakes for myself and leave some on the counter for Y/N.

About thirty minutes later, my wife comes downstairs. She's dressed with her hair and makeup done perfectly, covering the hickeys from another man. She looks perfect.

Y/N gets a water bottle from the fridge and places it in her pocket book. Next she checks her phone again before locking it and placing it face down on the counter to prevent me from seeing text messages from another lover besides me.

"There's some pancakes there for you." I point to the plate. "I just made them.

"Thank you." She fake smiles at me, sitting across from me with the plate. She acts as if she barely knows who I am.

She eats half of it before checking the time. She throws the rest of the breakfast into the garbage, before placing the plate in the dishwasher.

"I have to get to work, I'll see you later." She walks over to me, hugging me.

I don't answer, I just hug her back, taking in the feeling for the last time.

"I love you." I say quietly, my voice cracking. My eyes tear up and blink them away.

"I love you too, Cameron." She lies, leaning back. "I have to go."

"Bye, have a good day." I try to smile, waving.

Once she's gone, I wipe a few tears that have rolled down my cheeks. I walk upstairs, the silence of this huge house pressing down on me. I get the suitcase I've had for a few months out of my closet. I've had this planned for a few months since I've figured out what Y/N's been doing, but today I finally decided to leave

I pack anything that I can that's mine. Clothes, shoes, and other things that aren't as important as Y/N. I pick up an old picture of us. I blow the dust off the frame, looking at the photo filled with memories. It's a picture of us on the beach on our third date, even though she'll tell you it was our fourth date because she considers our lunch together in the school cafeteria a "first date." Tears blur my vision as I drop the frame into my suitcase and zip it up.

I roll the bag downstairs, leaving it by the front door. I walk into the kitchen, shakily picking up a pen and a piece of paper.

I pour my heart out into the paper. My never ending love for Y/N, how I know everything that she's been trying to keep from me, my apologies for not being good enough, and a final goodbye. I place my silver wedding band at the bottom, one of my tears falling directly next to it.

I walk back to the front door and slip my shoes on.

"I love you, Y/N." I whisper into the big lonely house. "Forever."

And with that, I was out the front door and gone from her life.

A/N

Not gonna lie, I cried writing this!
Hope you enjoyed!
Sorry for any spelling/ grammar mistakes etc.