wait

I sit next to my boyfriend, Cameron, on the couch, watching a movie. We've been dating for about three months and he's one of the best people I've ever met. He makes me so incredibly happy, unlike any other person does.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when he speaks.
"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, do you want anything while I'm up?" Cameron smiles kindly, squeezing my hand. I can only see some of his facial features due to the poor lighting of the tv screen.

"No, I'm okay. Thanks though." I kiss his cheek and he nods, going to the bathroom.

I curl up, getting comfortable. I hear Cameron's footsteps come down the hall and his hands cover my eyes.

"Guess who?" He laughs and I giggle.

"Hmm... I don't know! But whoever you are, can you tell my boyfriend to come back from the bathroom? I miss him." I laugh and he uncovers my eyes, sitting next to me on the couch. I smile at him and he stares at me and I laugh again.

"What? Why are you staring at me?" I tilt my head and he shrugs.

"You're just so beautiful." Cam brushes my hair back and I feel my cheeks heat up, thankful that the lights are off. He cups my face gently with one hand, leaning in. Our lips connect and I wrap my arms around his neck, softly pulling him closer.

Gradually we lay down and Cameron is hovering over me as we kiss passionately. I feel his fingers tug at the hem of my sweater, starting to lift it up and my heart drops.

"Cameron..." I break the kiss, stopping his hand. He sits back and I sit up, feeling bad.

"I'm sorry I just-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Y/N, it's okay, please don't apologize! I don't want to rush anything." He kisses my cheek innocently and I shake my head, annoyed at myself.

"I'm sorry, I just feel bad because... I honestly don't know when I'll be ready, and I know it's selfish to make you wait but I'm just..." I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "I'm not ready right now."

"Y/N, listen. I'll wait until we're thirty-five if that's what it takes. I don't want to rush anything with you. I really like you and I want you to be comfortable all the time. You're really special and you're worth the wait." Cameron squeezes my hand and I kiss his lips, smiling.

"Thank you, Cameron." I grin and he nods, hugging and cuddling me as we continue to watch the movie.

I'm so happy that he's not trying to pressure me and he's really waiting for me to be ready. I love him.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
Have a good day/night <3
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.