baseball

"Dad, please come to the game tonight." I speak into my phone, making a turn at the green light. "It would mean a lot to me."

"Hmm... okay." My father finally agrees and I smile wide.

"Awesome!" I run my fingers through my hair and park in the parking lot. "The game starts in thirty minutes, can you make it on time?"

"Yeah, I'll be there."

"Thanks, dad! I'll save a seat on the bleachers." I grin and say goodbye, ending the call.

I pull one of my boyfriend, Cameron's, old hoodies over my head and get out of my car, shutting the door behind me.

I get some food and I feel a familiar pair of hands rest on my hips.
"Hey, Cam." I grin and turn to face him. He stands before me in his baseball uniform, which is one of my favorite outfits on him.

"Hey, Y/N." he smiles and squeezes my hips as I take my hotdog and red can of Coca-Cola from the lady selling food. I thank her and walk off to the side with Cameron.

"None of your friends came tonight?" Cameron asks and I shake my head. Normally I invite my friends to watch Cameron's baseball games with me, but they were all busy.

I decide to not tell Cameron about my father watching the game because I know it would freak him out, considering they haven't met yet. My father is extremely strict and protective, which Cameron knows. For this reason, I know it's not a good idea to make him more nervous than he already is, being that there are scouts watching him play tonight.

"I have to get going, okay?" Cam tilts his head. "Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm okay. Go get ready for your game. Good luck, I know you'll do amazing!" I kiss his cheek and before I can pull away he connects our lips and I smile, blushing a bit. I still get red every time he kisses me, even though we've been dating for about two months.

He winks at me and jogs off to the dugout. I walk into the bleachers and sit next to random parents and friends of Cameron's fellow athletes.

About five minutes before the game is scheduled to start, I see my father reach the bleachers. He steps up and climbs over people to sit next to me.

"Hey, honey." He smiles and hugs me and I hug him back.

The game begins and the crowd cheers as the teams jog out onto the field.
Cameron's eyes meet mine from across the field and I wave, smiling.

"He's number twelve?" My dad asks, referring to the numbers stitched onto the players' uniforms.

I nod, keeping my eyes trained on my boyfriend.

The game begins and moves pretty quickly. It's the bottom of the ninth inning and it is extremely close.

Cameron is up at bat and I know how stressed he must be, because these next few moments could determine the decision of the scouts in the audience behind me.

I cheer for him and the pitcher steps up to the plate. Cameron taps the plate with his bat and holds it up again, swinging it in circular motions behind his head.

The pitcher from the other team gets ready to pitch and I clasp my hands together, squeezing tightly, my own nerves setting in.

The ball is thrown forward and Cameron swings but misses. I cringe hard and shake my head slightly.

"Strike one." A man announces and Cameron readjusts his stance.

The pitcher winds up and launches the ball into the air once more and I watch intently. Cameron swings the bat, all of his energy going into this one swing. He hits it perfectly, causing a loud sound to erupt throughout the ball field. I cheer and stand along with the rest of the people in the bleachers, smiling. He throws the bat and starts sprinting, making his way around the bases. He runs around the bases once more, making two home runs in total, before the ball gets back to the pitcher. His team won!

Everyone cheers and his team goes into a hugs group hug.

The game ends shortly after and the bleachers empty. I see Cameron jogging over towards my direction. I trot over to him, my father a few feet behind me.

"Congratulations!" I wrap my arms around his waist and he thanks me, hugging me back. He leans back and connects our lips and I take every ounce of motivation in me to end the kiss, since my father is standing right behind us.
"Cam," I push him off and laugh a little. "This is my dad."

"Oh!" Cameron's eyes meet my father's and his face turns red. "It's nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too." He shakes my boyfriend's hand and I stand in between them awkwardly.

"I didn't know you were coming tonight!" Cameron glances at me and I give him an apologetic look. "Thank you for coming."

"It was no problem! That was one hell of a game! You're a good player, Dallas." My father compliments him, patting his shoulder. "Those home runs were amazing!"

"Thank you!" He grins and I smile, looking between them.

"Cameron! You coming?" One of Cameron's team mates calls, catching our attention.

"I'll catch up with you guys later!" Cameron holds his hand up.

"Play with my daughter's heart like you play on that field and we'll have a problem." My father raises his eyebrows at Cameron and he nods quickly.

"I'd never hurt Y/N." Cameron shakes his head, glancing over at me. I giggle and take his hand as he squeezes it.

"Good." My dad nods, content. "You guys can go with your friends if you want."

"Are you sure?" I ask, looking up at my dad. He nods and hugs me from the side. I thank him and intertwine my fingers with Cameron's, waving goodbye to my dad with the other. We begin to walk back over to our friends and I kiss his cheek quickly, making him grin down at me.

A/N

hope you enjoyed!
sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.