bath interruptions

Another clap of thunder shakes the house and I wrap my arms around Cameron's chest again.

"You're okay, babe." He nods, stroking my hair.

"I don't like storms." I whisper, hugging him tighter.

"Why don't you take a bath?" Cameron suggests and I sit up. "Those always seem to relax you."

I nod and stand, going upstairs. I draw a bath and add soap, leaving the lights on. I undress and slip into the bath, calming my nerves instantly.

I lay in the hot water for a while, enjoying the calmness of the silence, since the tiled walls block out the sound of the storm.

After about ten minutes, the lights turn off suddenly and the alarm to our house goes off, notifying me that the power has gone out. I hear Cameron turn the alarm off and suddenly the silence as I sit in the water in the darkness begins to freak me out.

"Cameron!" I yell his name, sitting up in the tub.

I hear his footsteps bound up the stairs and he jogs over to the bathroom door, opening it. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, but can you get a light for me?" I ask, looking into the direction of the flashlight that Cameron is holding.

"Yeah, I'll be right back babe." He leaves the flashlight and walks out of the bathroom.

He leaves small tea light candles around the counter and the edges of the bathtub, lighting them all. The glow of the candles sets an extremely romantic mood.

Cameron looks around, satisfied with his work. I run my hands through the water, hearing the swishing of the water.

"Cam?" I look up at him, the light from the candles bouncing off of his facial features. "Can you get in with me?"

"Of course." I hear the smile in his voice. "Hang on, I'll be back in a second."

I nod and he leaves, returning only a few moments later. He carries wine glasses and I smile up at him. He hands me the empty glasses and pulls his shirt off before unbuckling his belt. His shorts hit the ground and he pulls his socks off, walking over towards the tub.

He lowers himself in and laughs when the water rises quickly, almost going over the edge of the tub.

Cameron grabs the bottle of white wine from the side, pouring it into both glasses. I lay against his chest, positioning my legs in between his.

"Cheers." I whisper, holding my glass up. Cameron knocks his glass against mine, repeating the same word.

I smile and drink some wine before settling back against his chest.

Cameron runs his hand down my body, sliding it up my leg slowly. I turn around, placing my glass of wine off to the side. I place my hands on his shoulders, connecting our lips. He kisses me back, his hands roaming my body.

We kiss for a while and enjoy our time together.

I lean down, kissing and sucking his neck gently, making him moan slightly.

I hear a knock at our apartment door and groan, leaning back.

"Just ignore it." He whispers, kissing me again.

"Hello? Is anyone home?" I hear the old lady from across the hall, Mrs. Henderson, call for us.

"Babe, she probably needs help." I whisper, resting my hand on his chest.

"We're coming!" I call back loudly. "Come on, let's go."

"No, you're going to the door." Cameron laughs and raises his eyebrows.

"What? Why?" I ask, getting out of the tub and drying off.

"Well, I kinda have a situation." He explains, biting his lip.

"What kind of situation?" I laugh, confused, as I slip on Cameron's flannel and a pair of jean shorts.

"Well, your naked body was on top of me while we made out, so I think you can figure it out." Cameron laughs and I laugh too.

"Oh, that kind of situation." I tie my hair up and nod, containing my giggles.

I leave the bathroom, jogging to the door I open the door and see our elderly neighbor.

"Is your power out, too?" She asks, looking up at me.

"Yeah, unfortunately." I frown. "I think it's from the storm."

She nods, her white hair visible in the dim light from the candles we have set up in the apartment.

"Is your boyfriend home?" She asks. "I need help reaching the candles on a high shelf in my apartment, and he is taller than us."

I bite my lip to suppress a giggle. "Yeah, he is! I'll go get him."

I walk back into the bathroom and lean against the doorframe.

"Cam, Mrs. Henderson needs your help." I bite my lip and smile.

"Me? What? Why?" He whispers, widening his eyes.

"She needs help reaching something and you're tall." I explain, shrugging.

"What do I do?" He whispers again, gesturing to what lies beneath the water.

"I don't know! Tuck it away or something!" I laugh and cover my mouth. "But be quick, she's waiting for you."

Cameron curses and gets out of the water, drying quickly. He dresses quickly, pulling on jeans and a t shirt.

"Is it noticeable?" He asks, laughing. I shake my head and we walk out to where our neighbor stands.

We go to her apartment and Cameron gets her candles down and I light them for her.
"Mrs. Henderson, are you safe with having fire in the apartment?" I ask, looking into her eyes.

"Oh, I'm fine!" She smiles. "Thank you for helping me."

"Oh it's no problem! Just come knock if you need anything, okay?" Cameron nods.

She thanks us again and we leave, going back to our apartment.

"Hey, look!" I giggle and shut the door behind me. "You survived!"

"Barely," he laughs and picks me up by my legs, carrying me off to our bedroom as I yelp, giggling. "It's time to finish what we started."

This is going to be a fun time.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.!