trust

I stand at my locker, switching out my binders for my afternoon classes.

I hear the familiar snickers of the group. This group of students' goal in life is to make me miserable. Whether that's bullying me to the point of tears, beating me up, or spreading rumors, they find a way to do it.

Why hasn't anyone stopped them? It's simple. They're popular, I'm not. Why would anyone want to stand up to them and fight for me?

They come near me and the leader of the horrid group gets closest to me.

"Hi, Y/N!" She says in a fake cheery voice. She shoves my binders down and I sigh, leaning down to pick them up. She nudges me over, making me fall onto my bottom. They all laugh and I just ignore them, picking my papers and books back up.

"Go away." I state calmly, trying not to get too upset.

"Hmm... how about no?" One of them says with an attitude.

I roll my eyes and slam my locker, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

"She's so ugly..." I hear one of them say.

"And fat..." Another one states.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" The leader of the group asks, knowing the answer. "Oh that's right, you never have. Who would date you?"

Tears pool in my eyes and I shove past the group, pushing the back doors of the school open. I can leave the school, considering it's my lunch period.

I walk out of the school, into the cold air. A tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it away angrily.

I walk over and sit on the cold bleachers, trying to stop my crying. You'd think I'd be used to this, it happens almost every day.

My life is miserable... my mom passed away a couple years ago, I have no friends, and everyone at school bullies me.

I stare out into the field, just letting the tears roll off my cheeks.

I hear footsteps coming my way.

Please don't let it be the people that bully me. This is my only safe spot.

I glance up to see only one person. I blink away the blurry tears and notice that it's Cameron Dallas, a pretty popular guy in my grade.

"Please go away." I sniffle, wiping under my eyes.

"Are you crying?" He pulls himself up on the bleachers and sits next to me.

"No..." I look the other way, wiping my face. "Why are you here?"

"I saw what happened in the hallway and I wanted to see if you were okay." He says quietly.

"Yeah, okay." I say sarcastically, focusing on the shoe laces of my converse sneakers.

"No, I'm serious..." Cameron protests. "The way they treat you is unfair. You don't deserve it."

"It's fine... I'm used to it." I kick a rock off the bleachers, hearing it ping off of the scratched metal.

"They don't do that every day, do they?" Cameron's voice remains quiet.

"Every day since third grade. Haven't you noticed?" I look up at him, tucking my hair behind my ear. He simply shakes his head. "Oh wait! I forgot... people like you don't notice people like me." I pick up my backpack and begin to stand but Cameron stops me.

"Y/N, wait." He gets me to sit down and he sits closer to me.

"Why are you being nice to me?" My eyes tear up again and I look up at him.

"Why wouldn't I be? You're smart, kind, and you're incredibly beautiful." Cameron wipes one of my tears and I shake my head, blushing a little.

"This isn't a joke right? Like are you just gonna say that you're kidding and you actually think I'm stupid?" I back away from him a little bit, my trust issues kicking in.

"No, I'm not like that, I promise." Cameron shakes his head. "Come eat lunch with my friends and I!"

I shake my head, scooting away.

"Please? I promise they're really nice and funny and they like you." His words surprise me and my mouth hangs open.

"What do you mean, 'they like me'?" I ask in awe.

"They've talked about you before... how they want to be your friend and they keep pressuring me to ask you out because they know I like you." He says the last part quietly.

I stutter, blinking as I stare at the boy in front of me.

"Yes, I like you." He laughs and nods, taking my hand. "Come eat lunch with me and then we can talk about going on a date."

I just nod, smiling. We stand and he helps me get down from the bleachers.

Maybe I'll start to like school now.

A/N

Pretty adorable!
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
Sorry for any spelling/ grammar mistakes etc.