long day

I come home from work, sighing as I shut the door behind me.
I hear the loud sounds coming from our TV set and I roll my eyes, my headache getting worse by the second.

"Y/N?" I hear Cameron call from the couch. "Hey baby!"

"Hi." I murmur, kicking my heels off.

"I was just about to call you because it's getting late," he turns the volume of the tv down, turning towards me. "Late day at work?"

I nod, walking over to the kitchen. I take a glass out from the cabinet and walk over to the fridge, filling it with water.

I hear Cameron's footsteps come closer to the kitchen and he wraps his strong arms around my waist from behind.

"How was your day?" He asks quietly, stroking my arm with his finger tips.

"I don't know." I say quickly and quietly, not feeling like elaborating on how bad my day was.

"You don't know?" He chuckles and brushes my hair back with his fingers. "How could you not know?"

Cameron presses his lips into my neck, kissing down to my shoulder. I shimmy and try to get out of his arms, wanting nothing more than to take off my clothes and take a long bath. I know he's just trying to relax me but I want to be left alone.

"Stop it. I'm not in the mood." I whine and try to push him back. He persists and and I pull his hands off angrily. "Cameron! Stop! You're so annoying sometimes, I swear to God! You never know when to just leave me alone!"

"Y/N, I was just-" he backs up and starts to defend himself but I cut him off.

"Shut up, Cameron! I said I wasn't in a good mood and you're just making it worse!" My voice raises quickly and I snap at him. The glass in my hand drops to the cold tile floor and fragments of clear glass fly everywhere, mixed with the icy water.

"Oh how fucking perfect." I mumble as a few tears escape my eyes from frustration. I begin to clean it up but Cameron hesitantly stops me, placing his hand on the small of my back.

"Y/N, I'll clean it." He whispers, his voice obviously showing how hurt he is, brushing the glass up with a dust pan and a broom.

When I realize how much I over reacted, I sink to the floor, my shoulders shaking as I sob.

"Honey..." Cameron sets the broom and dust pan down before he walks over and picks me up, carrying me to the couch. "What's wrong?"

"I just screamed at you for no reason... why are you being nice to me?" I stare at my boyfriend in disbelief.

"Because, I know that you didn't mean it. What happened today, babe?" Cam responds.

"I had such a bad day, Cam. So many little things went wrong and I got yelled at by my boss and I messed up my presentation at our meeting." I shake my head, sniffling. "I'm sorry for snapping at you."

"Don't apologize, it's okay. Bad days get the best of us." Cam whispers, kissing the top of my head. "You know you can always talk to me, right?"

"Of course," I shift, cuddling him closer. "I was just upset. I'll stay calm and talk to you next time."

A/N

Hope you enjoyed!
Updates might be kinda slow for a little while, I've been really busy!
Lots of love