sick day

I sit at my vanity, choosing music to play before I start getting ready. I swipe through Spotify, deciding to listen to a playlist including a lot of Ariana Grande's music.

My boyfriend, Cameron, walks in. He wears dress pants, a dress shirt, and a sports jacket.

"Well, don't you look handsome?" I smile at him, standing.

He grins, his eyes half shut. His overall demeanor looks sleepy. I walk closer and see that a thin layer of sweat covers his forehead, despite the cold temperature of our bedroom.

"Have you been drinking?" I ask, laughing. I sniff the air to see if I can smell alcohol.

"No, I just don't really feel well." He shrugs. "But it's not a big deal, I'm healthy enough to go on our date."

He coughs, allowing me to hear the fluid in his chest.

"Oh, babe, you're really sick." I frown sympathetically, looking into his eyes.

"I'm not-" Cameron cuts himself off with a loud sneeze. "Sick. I'm not sick."

I raise my eyebrow and place the back of my hand to Cameron's forehead, picking up some sweat on my hand along with the extremely high temperature of his skin. I move my hand down to the back of his neck, which seems to have an even higher temperature.

"Cam, you're burning up." I caress his face. "You have a fever."

"It's just hot in here, I don't have a fever." Cameron protests before coughing loudly, wincing a bit from what I assume is a sore throat.

"Come on, baby. Let's get you in bed." I usher him along as he whines, telling me again that he's not sick. I sit him down and get sweatpants and a sweatshirt out of his dresser for him to wear.

I hand him the clothes.
"Y/N, I'm not putting these on." He protests, wiping his running nose with the back of his hand. "I'm not sick."

"Cameron, it's okay. We can go on our date another time, I really don't mind." I shake my head, smiling. "I just care about your health." I take off his sport jacket, unbuttoning his dress shirt underneath. I eventually get him changed out of fancy clothes and into his sweats.

I slip my dress off and it falls to the floor. I pull on Cameron's sweatpants and his t shirt, which are both oversized on me. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and Cameron frowns at me.

"Baby, I didn't want to ruin our date." Cameron looks at me with sympathetic eyes. "You were so excited."

"Cameron, how many times do I have to tell you?" I laugh and place my hands on his shoulders, looking into his eyes. "I don't care about it. We can go on an even better date next weekend, okay?"

Cameron nods sadly.
"I'm going to go make soup, I'll be back in a few minutes." I kiss his forehead.

He thanks me, pouting. I walk downstairs and make the chicken noodle soup. I cook the soup and carry the steaming bowl upstairs, along with a few other items. I hand him a spoon with cough syrup on it and he whines.

"Babe, it's not that bad. Do you want your cough to get better?" I ask, holding the spoon before him. He just stares at me and groans.

"Cam, if Drake can drink Robitussin, so can you." I giggle and refer to the lyrics of Jumpan, one of Cameron's favorite songs by the rapper, Drake.

"Way too many questions you must think I trust you." Can responds with the next line of lyrics, making me laugh.

"Baby, drink it." I hand it to him and he finally gives in, swallowing the medicine.

"Ew!" He sticks his tongue out and squints his eyes. "That was gross."

I hand him a pill to lower his temperature and a cool washcloth.

He lays the washcloth on his forehead, eating more soup. Once he finishes, he places the bowl on the table next to our bed. I turn the television on, displaying a random action movie.

"Do you need anything else?" I ask, running my thumb across his hairline.

"Can you come cuddle with me?" He asks and I nod, smiling. I lay beside him and rest my head on his shoulder, listening to the constant thud of his heartbeat.

"How are up feeling now?" I ask, intertwining our fingers.

"Better, thank you for taking care of me." He kisses the top of my head.

"It's no problem, Cam." I give him a squeeze. "I love you."

"I love you." He replies, shifting his position before falling asleep.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this cute imagine!
Sorry for any spelling/ grammar mistakes etc.
Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed :-)