get lucky

"I have a feeling we're gonna win today." I say, looking over at my best friend. My eyes go back to the field to see our schools team jogging out on the field. I, along with the rest of the people on the bleachers, start cheering. After the crowd dies down and the team has stretched and warmed up, I see my boyfriend, our school's quarterback, running over to me.

I stand from the cold bleachers, smiling and waving at him. "Hey, Cam!"

"Hey, Y/N! Thank you for all the team spirit." Cam smiles, referring to my outfit. I'm wearing Cameron's extra jersey, eye black on my cheeks, and my nails painted red for our school's team color. He reaches his hand up for me to hold. I grab onto it, shivering. "Here, I brought my sweatshirt for you so you're not too cold."

I take his sweatshirt, thanking him. Considering it's Cameron's, the sleeves go past my fingertips and the edge of it reaches under my bottom.

Cameron hoists himself up on the railing that separates the field from the bleachers. I grab his face, connecting my cold lips to his. We separate and I wish him good luck. He thanks me and I pull him back, moving my mouth next to his ear.

"You might get lucky tonight if your team wins." I keep my voice down so only Cameron can hear and leave a kiss under his ear. He leans back, his cheeks a light pink color as he smirks.

"Dallas! Over here!" His coach calls in the distance. He winks at me, jogging back across the field to his team.

Within a few minutes, the game is starting. Cameron takes his position on the field and I hold my hands together, hoping that the first play is beneficial for his team.

The game starts and I cheer for our team from the bleachers. The sound of clashing helmets makes me cringe a little each time, scared that Cameron is going to get hurt.

After a few touchdowns from both teams, the game intensifies. The third quarter starts and Cameron gets ready to throw the ball.

The next few seconds are a blur. As soon as the ball leaves his hands, I see a few people coming his way. He gets tackled and I hear a loud clash of helmets. The referee blows the whistle and a few people get off the ground. I hear a loud cry and a whimper.

Our school's team gathers around in a circle around where the tackle took place and I see the coach walk into the middle of the huddle.

"Y/N, is that Cameron on the field?" I hear my best friend ask quietly. Fear sets in when I realize the person that isn't getting up is Cameron.

I stand to get a better look and I lock eyes with one of our friends on the team, Matt. He waves me over.

I quickly stand up and push myself over the railing, my feet hitting the field.
"Y/N, what are you doing?" My best friend widens her eyes. I just turn and run across the field. Everyone in the bleachers has their eyes on me but I don't mind.

I reach the crowd and the football players move so I can reach my boyfriend. I shuffle to the middle of the crowd to see a whimpering Cameron clutching his swollen shoulder. Sweat glistens on his forehead and he groans.

"Cameron? Are you okay?" I tuck my hair behind my ears and kneel down beside him. He looks up at me, his contorted face showing that he's in pain.

"Dislocated shoulder." I hear the paramedic say behind me.

"My star player... I can't believe it." Coach whispers under his breath, glaring at the other team.

"Hey, Y/N, is it?" The paramedic looks at me. I nod quickly and Cameron grabs onto my hand. "Can you hold Cameron down while I pop his shoulder back in?"

I nod, looking back at my boyfriend. I squeeze onto his hand, holding his chest down with my elbow. I try to distract Cameron by talking to him.
"Baby, you were playing so well! Your team will probably still win even if you don't play. Your team mates are amazing players."

He just nods, his pained eyes looking into mine. With one quick motion from the paramedic, I hear a loud pop and Cameron's body jerks to the side.

"Shit!" He hisses, squeezing his eyes shut.

"It's over now, babe. You did so good." I leaves kiss on his sweaty cheek, rubbing my thumb across his hairline.

He pants, controlling his breathing a bit.
"You're gonna have to sit out for the rest of the game, Dallas." Coach nods, patting his good shoulder.

Cameron nods, disappointed.
"We should get him to a hospital just to make sure everything is okay." The paramedic notes and Cam scoots forward, shaking his head.

"Coach, please let me sit on the sidelines for the rest of the game. It's a really important game for our team... please." He begs, raising his eyebrows. Coach gives in, nodding.

"But you're going straight to that hospital the second the game finishes, got it?" Coach raises his eyebrows and Cam nods quickly, placing the ice pack on his shoulder.

"I'll keep you company." I grin and sit next to him on the bench.

Two quarters pass and our team wins. Cam and I cheer from the sidelines and my boyfriend's team mates come over to hug him.

"Y/N?" Cameron looks up at me and I nod. "I know I'm hurt and all, but earlier, you said that I might get lucky tonight if my team won. I know I didn't play for the last two quarters, but does your offer still stand?"

"Hmm..." I smirk, running my fingers through his hair. "I think I can make that happen... but you're going to the hospital first."

He grins and squeezes my waist, picking up his helmet and putting it on my head. I giggle and he notes how cute I look.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed!
I barely read this chapter over so I'm sorry if it's really bad!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes etc.