Chapter 1

She was running when she suddenly found herself in a hallway. A very strange hallway, but somehow really familiar to her.
The darkness surrounded her, the only light making it possible to see was coming from the huge windows on both sides of the hallway.

The moon was shining in the sky. She stopped running a while ago to admire the place. It was strange, but she felt like she belonged here.

Looking above, she couldn't see much, the ceiling was probably much farther than she could imagine. Her gaze slowly moved to what was in front of her; a huge door. It seemed like the entrance of a castle or something else.

She wasn't given enough time to really think about it, because she heard voices and steps coming from behind the door, they were three or four people she could tell. Without knowing what to do, she turned around to face where she came from, but it was now a blind alley. There was just a gigantic rose window.

The voices where slowly becoming louder, she started to panic not knowing what to do.

End of 3rd person POV.

"Do you hear me? I am talking to you Nayla." Someone's hand grabbed my arm before making me fall to the ground from my bed.

Meeting the cold floor, I opened my eyes knowing the sad reality that awaited me. I got up from the floor and bowed to the lady in front of me. She was my mistress, I worked for her from as long as I could remember, but she had never seemed like a mother to me, she was just my master.

This is how things here worked. Depending on the color of your clothes you'd be treated in a certain way. I wear brown clothes, the ones reserved to poor people and servants like me. While the lady, Naryssa is her name, she wears violet because she's the daughter of a merchant. Just two ranks above me, but it meant so much.

"I'm sorry Miss, I'll get to work right now." I smiled to Naryssa, even though I didn't really like her, but I must treat her nicely and call her Miss or Lady if I didn't want to be thrown on the streets without a place to go or hide. Yes, hide, you heard me right.

"You better be, the others are already working, move before I start to regret the decision to not punish you." She said before going out of the room.
Well, at least she's not that bad.

I tidied up the room where we all, servants, lived before catching up with the others. They were already in the Crafting Room silently doing their work. I greeted everyone when I arrived but, as usual, no one greeted me back. There weren't only servants like me, but also some other people, common people, wearing dark green clothes. They were the average people working to earn something, while servants like me work to survive. One mistake and you'd be on the streets dying of hunger or you can also get killed on the spot.

The so called Crafting Room was basically the room were we made everything, from vases to tables and anything that was ordered. We even made a weird panel for an alchemist once.

Everything was going smoothly until I felt a really dark aura sorrounding the place. It meant only one thing: demons. Demons were coming. It wasn't that unusual to have demons as clients but today they were in a group and clients usually come alone. I could easily tell there were many because of the strong aura.

I started to be nervous even though clients weren't allowed to come in the Crafting Room, but as I said these weren't likely to be clients.
I heard them eventually ask the guards to come and check our room too.