Chapter 25

"They're already at it." Tao was walking back and forth. "I heard something big happened, but I wasn't sure it was about you...us."

"So they still haven't revealed our identities?" Suho asked with a worried expression.

"That's exactly what I wanted to talk about. I heard from some friends that they're gonna wait a day or two, not sure. I mean, I understand why, if they reveal our identity everybody will try to find us..." Tao stopped to look at me and Luhan. "...and they want to bring the halfbloods themselves."

"To whom?" Luhan and I spoke in unison.

"If I knew that, we wouldn't be here still talking about it." Tao sighed. "Anyway, we need to do something quickly. We don't know if they'll keep quiet."

Suho seemed in deep thought for a few minutes.
"One of them was Jackson Wang, I think." He looked at Kris, he was helping Xiumin to deal with some broken chairs. It was true that it looked like nobody has come here after Suho's departure from this place. Everything was old and mostly broken, I could feel the humidity too.

"Yes, he was." Kris turned his attention to us. "He was there when I introduced Luhan. I thought I could trust him."

"You shouldn't have acted without our consent. I'm still angry at you for that. Your father is old and he doesn't know how things have gotten between us demons." Suho was strictly looking at him.

"I know, but I myself thought that nothing was going to happen which was very stupid from me indeed." He shrugged.

"Well at least now we know we have to keep our distance from him. If we don't want him to make another bond with one of us." Luhan sighed.

"But listen, the others with Jackson... they weren't there when I introduced Luhan." Kris walked towards Suho. "I've never seen him with those guys."

"I never knew you were thay close to Jackson." Suho replied. "So close that you know with who he hangs out."

"We're not that close, but our families are. Anyway, this isn't what I was talking about." He turned to us. "Call Chanyeol here." I didn't know if he was talking to me or my brother but eventually Luhan moved.

"The guys we saw... They didn't look shabby and they were skilled. We already know that our families are the most powerful ones..." Kris got interrupted by Suho. "... along side the ones that work with the king."

"Exactly and we know that Jackson's family is pretty close to the king."

Chanyeol and Luhan walked in at that moment. Kris asked him if the demons they fought looked familiar to him.
"I'm not sure... I think I've seen one or two of them somewhere but really, I don't know." Chanyeol had replied.

"Haven't you seen them maybe in the royal castle? When you were there with Baekhyun." Kris finally said and Chanyeol looked like he had the biggest revelation of all time.
"Yes, yes! You're right. They were there, we've seen them speaking with the soldiers too."

Suho was awfully silent throughout all of this, but just as I noticed that, he parted his lips.
"Why does everything always lead to the king?"

"I was thinking the same.." Luhan sighed again. "The old king was a good person, why would his son be so wicked and against us? I mean, I've never actually seen him taking interest in our father's case or me. He didn't even question his father when he brought me in as his son."

"Maybe that's because he didn't know you're a halfblood, one of the halfbloods. Everybody thought there was only Nayla. Now that Jackson made that bond they probably know everything." Kris explained.