Chapter 12

— Luhan's P.O.V —

"Can...Can I know your story?" Nayla asked me. I looked up to see her face, she seemed like she was on the verge of crying, just like me afterall.

I thought I could endure the thought of our mother, but I guess I just never got over it. Since her loss, finding Nayla became a way to distract myself from the reality that surrounded me. I didn't really know if it was good to tell her, but she had the right to know about our parents and her brother.

"Are you sure you want to know?" I said and she simply nodded.

"How much of the story do you already know?" I asked.

She explained me everything that Suho and his team of demons told her.

"They didn't know a lot." I shook my head and sighed.

"Our father didn't give away the weakness of the demons' just like that, because he felt sorry or sympathy towards them. I'm almost sure there's someone behind it and I'll explain you why, but before that let me tell you about our mother." I tried to gently smile to reassure her, still trying to control my tears from falling down.

"You see, I always lived at the royal castle and by always I mean as long as I can remember clearly, we were separated around the age of 4 so I didn't really know about our family's castle. Anyway, the old king took me to the royal castle and treated me as if I was his son. I really thought I was until I started to notice strange things happening around me." Nayla kept paying attention to every single word I was saying.

"First of all, the king always bathed me when I was little, now I understand it was because of the mark on my neck, he didn't want a servant to see it and as I was growing I slowly started to develop my power. That's when I asked the king about it and he told me I was a halfblood. But he lied to me, he said I was born by a demon woman he met once. I learned to control my aura, just like you and continued my life." I sighed.

"I was happy and carefree until one day, when I met a lady at the castle that everyone seemed to dislike and mistreat. The servants told me she was the king's shabby daughter, she was crazy and rarely left her room. They said she became crazy after having an affair with a demon." A tear made its way down my cheek.

I was being so unmanly.

"Since I was a halfblood I didn't dislike demons too much, so I didn't think it was bad to have a relationship with a demon and I slowly started to talk to her. I would often go to her room and talk to her behind the door, because she didn't let me in at first, but eventually with the years passing she started to let me stay in. I thought I could help her. I thought I could save her from her sadness. She didn't seem crazy to me, she was only very anxious and hurt."
Nayla sniffed.

"So I started to talk to her and she was very kind to me, a bit different from the treatment she had for every other person inside the castle, but I thought I was different because I became her friend. Actually, since I was lacking of a mother figure in my life, I enjoyed the time with her maybe because of that. Anyway-"

At the thought of what I was about to say another tear fell down my cheek. I quickly brushed it away with my index finger.

"-when I was around 13 some demons started to come to the castle. They wanted to find somebody, the son of an important demon that died and so they started to come almost everyday. I noticed that everytime I went to her room, she seemed more and more anxious, she started to tell me to hide and run away, but I really didn't understand and told her everytime I was a prince, I was the king's son. But she seemed everyday to become worse and even worse. Her hair was always messy and her clothes became ripped."