Chapter 20

Two days had passed since I talked to Lay and Suho. In the past two days they would only come at night to eat and go back outside. Suho told me they found an entire section about how our auras work and they hoped that they'll soon find a way for us halfbloods to pass unnoticed as demons.

It wasn't only a good thing for me and Luhan, but that was going to be very helpful for every halfblood out there. We could finally trick demons and live freely, using our powers without having to worry that a demon would feel the different aura.

I rolled to my side as I was trying to sleep, but sleeping had become difficult for me in these days. My mind was never clear from thoughts. Not after what happened with Sehun.

I felt hurt, the moment I saw how confused and regretful he seemed the moment he pulled away, my heart was aching. I hadn't realized my feelings for him until that moment. I like him. But my feelings were crushed over the moment I realized it. He had already rejected me.

It wasn't a great feeling at all. Looking at him was difficult enough, but having to sleep in the same room with him was hell for me. We became awfully quiet since that moment and that only made the air stiffer.

I heard a knock on the door, which made me get up from the bed. As I opened the door, I was surprised to see Chanyeol in front of me.

"We just arrived, wake up Sehun." Chanyeol cheerfully smiled at me before walking away, heading downstairs. I could hear the others' voices as well.

"Wake up." I called out at Sehun who was sleeping on the floor, but I didn't get a response.

"Yah, the others are here, wake up!" I raised my voice and carefully poked his arm with the tip of my foot, but once again he was laying still without reacting at all.

I kneeled down and used my hand this time.
"Sehun, wake up." I said again and this time it probably got to him. He made a small movement before opening his eyes, he didn't seem fully awake though.

"The others are here." I repeated one more time. His hand suddenly slipped from his side and landed onto the hand I was using to shake him.

"Okay, you're awake, I'll go now." I declared as I pulled away my hand but he grabbed it and interlaced our fingers. I blinked repeatedly in confusion.

He finally opened his eyes completely and as his gaze fell on our hands he fastly pulled away his hand. "Ah.. Sorry I didn't mean to do that." He said as he got up.

I got up as well. "Don't worry.." I was blushing, but it was still dark in the room so hopefully he wouldn't see me.

I went to the others. They were in the living room, waiting for us. "Welcome back!" I greeted them, but I noticed Xiumin and Chen were missing, they were probably going to arrive soon.

"How was life without me?" Baekhyun playfully asked me and I went along with his joke. "So boring! You can't even imagine."

"See? I like her." He chuckled as he looked at the others.

"Yeah yeah, but we're not here to play now." Chanyeol interrupted. "Where's Sehun? We have some news."

Speaking of the devil, Sehun walked in and said hi to everyone, he stopped next to Suho opposite me, since we standing in circle.