Chapter 11

We kept walking.
I started to lose all the hope that I had.

I couldn't run away because of Luhan's powers and I couldn't even fight. I couldn't even see because I was blindfolded. I gave up shouting as well because if Sehun and the others were somewhere near they'd have already come for me or maybe they just gave up. And calling a bunch of demons to attack us wasn't the best.

I could only hear the noises our steps made. It was only me and Luhan, going somewhere. Somewhere I didn't want to be. Somewhere I wasn't probably welcomed. Somewhere that probably meant my end.

It was oddly quiet. There weren't any human voices, but crickets were chirping, since it was very late.

From the noise I could tell we were walking in grass now, we had definitely left my family's castle. Now we were probably in the bushes that surrounded it or even more far away.

The endless walking went on and on. Luhan didn't say anything much since we left the castle, he would only tell me to be careful when there was something that could've made me fall. He was walking in front of me.

I heard him finally stop. I stopped walking as well, mainly because his power made me do so.

I heard him open a door. Shortly after I started walking again. We were in a house or probably jail, I don't know.

He reached out and removed the cloth that had been blinding me until that moment.
I could finally see what was around me again.

We were in a small dark room, it reminded me of the place where I used to sleep with the other servants. It was nothing like a room of a royalty's property. It seemed very old and used. The floor and walls were made of wood, it seemed very old. I felt like the construction could just suddenly fall on us and I didn't like that feeling. There wasn't anything on the walls, it didn't even seem like a place where somebody could live, but there were a few furnishings that could resemble a little table and a chair in the corner, plus a bed that was made mostly of blankets on the floor.

I scanned the room to find out there were only two doors. The one where we came from and another one.

"You should get some rest." Luhan spoke first.

Indeed I felt tired because of everything that happened until that moment. If he was going to give me some time, then I'll gladly accept it, I thought.

"You can sleep on the bed." He pointed the little pile of blankets.

I didn't answer, I just moved effortlessly and lied down on it. I took a blanket to cover myself and I turned my head to face the wall. I heard him sit on the chair in the meantime.

Silence.

I clenched my fists under the sheets. Everything that happened started to flow in my mind, from how I stupidly left Sehun to how Luhan managed to catch me, to how Kai injured himself because of him and how Sehun shouted my name after going into the fire. I was sure they cared about me and I still trusted them, I convinced myself they were going to rescue me soon. I just had to resist enough.

How could I even get some sleep in a situation like this? Everything that happened was keeping my mind busy.

I turned myself around to see what Luhan was doing. He wasn't sleeping, the chair was obviously uncomfortable. His gaze went from the floor to mine.