Chapter 24

Kai teleported back once we felt Suho's aura get more intense. He was calling him, they were soon going to be here.

I waited patiently for Kai to bring them all back. Firstly, Chanyeol and Xiumin came with him, then Kris and Luhan. I hugged my brother, I was glad he was able to free himself from the bond. "Are you alright now?" I asked and he nodded before looking away. My gaze went to the others.

They all looked tired, it was obvious that the demons they fought were pretty strong. Xiumin was bleeding from his leg, I tried to search for a towel or anything that could help but the place was extremely dark.

Kai was back with Suho.
I was glad Suho looked fine, his clothes were only a bit dirty.

But then, it hit me. Why was Kai back with Suho? Wasn't he able to teleport two people at once?

I let Suho catch his breath while I was waiting for Kai to teleport back. Right? He was going to teleport back and bring Sehun.

A minute, two minutes, three minutes passed but everybody kept silent and didn't move an inch.

"Where-" I had the courage to ask. "Where is Sehun?"

Silence.

I looked at Suho, asking once again. "What happened to Sehun?"

Suho looked at the floor. I tried to glance towards Luhan and the others but nobody made eye contact with me.

"They took him." Suho murmured.

"What do you mean they took him." I raised my voice but it was shaking.

"We were fighting... Sehun wanted to help me but he had already three of them against him. He told me to get away, it was our chance. I thought he was going to run away with us, but then when I looked back, he was there fighting against all of them. He shouted to get away, so I called Kai, but I turned on my tracks and went back in his direction..." He exhaled the breath he was holding in. "But I saw them getting away with him in front of my eyes."

"That's when I grabbed him and teleported him here." Kai concluded.

I felt my insides shrink, because deep inside of me I knew it was coming. The bad feeling I had was saying it all to me and I hated myself for that, I didn't do anything to prevent this. I stayed there without doing anything. I felt sad yes, but I was angry. Angry at myself for being so stupid.

"It's not anyone's fault." Lay had read through me. "So don't hate yourself for this."

Chanyeol roughly smashed his hand against the wall. "No, I could've helped him, I could've burnt that place down with all of them."

"And burn us with them too? Chanyeol you fought at your best." Kris pulled down Chanyeol's hand from the wall.

"I should be the one ashamed. I'm supposed to be the leader, the one who has always everything in control and the one who helps the others, but instead Sehun was much braver than me. I don't even deserve to be your leader." I couldn't bear the apologetic look on Suho's face. It wasn't his fault, he was a very good leader, the best leader.

"Shut it you too." Kris retorted back. "We were dumb already for letting it happen, but there's no use in regretting our past actions. What's done is done. Now we have to find a way to save him."

Luhan walked up to him. "I agree with him, we should be planning our next move instead of crying up for him. There's no use in that, we're just wasting time. We know that Sehun is still alive since there wouldn't be any use for them if they kill him. They're waiting for us to get him back and we're gonna do that."