Chapter 17

"They know everything." Kris said.

"They who?" Luhan asked the same I wanted to ask. Were they suspecting now of Luhan as well?

"The king has announced that they're searching for Luhan, they say he got kidnapped by an "evil organization", I'm quoting his words. They're definitely after us, but how does the king know you're with us?" Kris stared at him. "I thought we could trust you."

"I didn't say anything, I swear. I just told him before going after Nayla that I was going to go on one of my usual trips around the kingdom." He shrugged. "The king doesn't care about me, trust me, he wouldn't have suspected anything if..." Luhan trailed off.
"If there wasn't someone behind him." Suho finished his sentence.

After the old king died his oldest son got the throne. Luhan wasn't in very good terms with him, but he wasn't either in bad terms with him so they were usually very formal around each other. Actually, the whole kingdom would prefer to have Luhan as the king since he's loved by everyone for his bravery and kindness, but Luhan never got in his step-brother's way. He knows him very well though, so I was sure that Luhan wasn't telling lies to us.

"But who could be with the king?" I sighed. "And why would he trust him enough to not believe you?" I asked Luhan.

"If I knew, I wouldn't be here doing nothing. That man...or woman we don't know, is probably the one behind all of this. If demons and humans didn't get influenced by someone they would've already forgotten about us, the deal our father made was okay for them at the time."

"We can't be sure, we don't even know if there's someone behind it. It could be the king himself, who knows." Kris stated.

"Yeah but we should start doing something then." Luhan snapped.

"I agree." Suho joined. "We can divide the work." His gaze went from Luhan to me and to everyone else.

"Kris and Tao have already their task, that's collecting news and what goes on between the people." He then looked ad Kyungsoo and Kai. "Kai and D.O. you can go to the Black Tavern, it's where all demons usually hang, maybe someone will know something." They nodded. "The best is going there this evening." Kai added.

"Chanyeol and Baekhyun, you can go to the royal castle. Try to get in, I know some demons that can help you getting in there as guards." They nodded as well. Suho walked towards Xiumin and Chen.

"Xiumin, Chen, I need you two to bring some demons on our side. Just don't tell anybody that Luhan and Nayla are here, just try to convince them that they didn't do anything wrong."

"We'll try, but you know how demons are.." Xiumin trailed off.
Suho didn't reply and went on with his indications.

"Then there's me and Lay, we'll go to the library. We need to find a way to cover up your aura as a full demon so we won't have problems with demons and humans. Plus, there could be something regarding your father, we need to make them stop hating on him." Suho looked towards Lay. "Is that okay Lay?"

"Sure." He smiled. "We'll make sure to find something to help you." He said while looking at me. I nodded.

"What about us three?" Sehun pointed at himself, Luhan and me.

"You'll stay here, Nayla needs still to practice and you and Luhan can help her developing her power." Suho said as it was obvious.