Chapter 15

After the awkward breakfast we had this morning, maybe awkward only for me actually, since everybody kept teasing me and Sehun but he didn't seem affected at all or rather, he played along. We -or well, mostly they- decided to continue with my practice. According to them I was still lacking some skills and it would've helped me to develop my power, if I had one.

Luhan joined as well, he was paired up with Tao since I became Sehun's partner when he wasn't here.

I felt a bit jealous when I glanced toward them. Luhan was definitely skilled and he could use his power well, unlike me. He probably felt my glance so he looked in my direction. Tao did as well after noticing Luhan.

Tao said something to Luhan and he nodded. Shortly after that, they walked towards us.

"Why don't you two fight?" Tao asked me referring to me and Luhan. "Maybe it could help you with your power."

I accepted, I didn't see why not.

-

After an endless amount of times of using my "power" or whatever it was, nothing really changed. I could use it only to shove Luhan away because of the heat, but I could never make it intensify, I couldn't make flames materialize like Chanyeol.

After the match between me and Luhan, we noticed that everybody kept staring at us.

"You know," Chanyeol first spoke. "It's really weird the fact that you manage to use fire. Shouldn't you have telekinesis just like your brother?" He asked me.
"I was thinking the same." Luhan agreed.

It was weird to me as well, why couldn't I develop this power after so many years?

"Maybe it's because of her human part. You know how our power is defined by the strongest parent, for halfbloods it's easy because they only have one demon parent, but maybe in their case, since they're twins, Luhan got the power from their dad and Nayla from her mother...from an ancestor maybe. That's probably why her power is weak." Suho tried to give an explanation.

"But a human..? It's just strange. You think there was someone in their mother's family that was a demon?" Xiumin sighed. "It seems crazy to me."

"I agree. It's very weird." Luhan added. "The king would've told me.." Everybody stiffened since Luhan only explained the situation this morning, after eating. They knew about how we lost our mother now and they believed in the end that Luhan and I are twins since we both have the mark on our necks.

"I don't know, but to me it seems like this power isn't mine." I shrugged.

"Why would you think that?" Suho asked me, actually everyone was about to ask the same.

"I don't know, I found out I could do it when I was little but even though I tried to improve I never did. My power's intensity didn't change through out the years like everybody else's did." I said. "Or maybe it's me, I'm not enough of a demon to have a proper power."

Silence.

"Hey, look, even if it doesn't get any stronger you can still do pretty dope things with it." Chanyeol winked at me. "When I was little, I had the amount of power you have right now and you won't believe how many things I've done." He tried to comfort me.