Epilogue

"Wake up." A familiar voice called out.
As I opened my eyes, I briefly smiled at the sight of a very familiar person.
"Thank you for waking me up." I said as I got up from the bed.

"It isn't really the first time I do it, huh?" She shyly smiled back. "But I still feel sorry for all the times I didn't treat you right."

"Don't worry about it, Naryssa." I reassured her.

She was the woman for whom I worked as a servant before getting "kidnapped" by Suho and Lay. I pretty much grew up with her.

"Thank you for taking me in." She slightly bowed at me.
"Please don't do that ever again." I glared at her. "You're older and you're not my servant."
"But I respect you." She let out, but I shook my head in response. "I don't want any ranks or any other form of class difference in my house, you know that."

"You're too good to be a demon." She smiled. "I can only see humanity in you."

"I wouldn't say that." I told her as I made a small flame appear in my hand. "Can humans do this?"
"Okay, okay, you're definitely a demon too, I tend to forget that." She said before walking out of the room. "Get dressed and come downstairs." She called out.

After we finally captured Gendros, the king ran away for a few days leaving his people in the confusion. In those days of chaos a new king was elected. Yes, elected. It was finally the people deciding who was in charge of the power in our kingdom.
The new king made it clear: he didn't want ranks to be so important, he didn't want demons and humans to be so hostile towards each other.

Everyone finally decided to collaborate after a few months, but that also meant some humans' activities starting to fail. There were demons who could work faster and better compared to huamns, like what happened in Naryssa's atelier, but that's why the king also promoted giving and receiving help between the two realms. The demons could be assisted by humans and the other way around. That's how I came in touch once again with Naryssa.

She lived with me now in my family's castle. I called her here because truthfully, it felt lonely to be almost alone in such a huge castle. The people who worked for her also came here, alongside with some demons. They weren't servants anymore, they were just people. People who got payed for their job. The same went for the demons that worked here, I considered them as people, so they obviously received a salary.

I got dressed and headed to the kitchen. I wanted to have breakfast and prepare something for what was waiting for me that afternoon. I smiled at the thought.

"You seem very happy today." Charles pointed out as I was eating.
"You're indeed right." I said to the man, who was once merely a servant and now he was one of the most important people in charge of our business. "Didn't I tell you that I'm going to the royal castle?"

"No, you didn't." He eyed me. "Who are you meeting between the two?"

"Both." I slightly smiled. "It's an important dinner so I was also invited, you know both as-"

"Yeah, yeah I get it." He interrupted. "Good luck then, don't make a fool out of yourself." He kindly smiled as he always used to do.

"Very funny." I protested.

"I have to go to the crafting room now." He said as he headed towards the door. "Get prepared, Kai will be here soon."

"What? Kai is already coming?" I shouted but he was already too far away.
I wasn't told that he would've come to take me there so soon. I quickly grabbed my gift for the king and packed some herbal medicines in a bag. A few of them grew only in this area so it was a good idea to leave some to them, especially since I know somebody tends to get hurt pretty often.