Chapter 3

I enjoy leaving cliffhangers unsolved ohohoh.
____________

I woke up from what I was dreaming.
I felt a strange sensation run through my body. It seemed as if someone was watching me. But that wouldn't make me wake up so suddenly.

I noticed something else.
Aura.

I felt an aura in the room... or even more than just one. I still had my eyes closed, but when I felt it coming from right above me, I opened them. I was facing a demon.

He suddenly grabbed my arms an pinned them above my head. "Don't make any sounds if you don't want all this people to die." His aura wasn't that powerful, but I felt others outside the building, he wasn't probably alone.

Wrong decision to send only one man to do the job. I knew this demon had bad intentions, but he was weak. I could stand against him, unlike with Sehun and Kai, I had a chance.

I happily smiled to him. I caught him off guard, so he slightly let go my hands because of the surprise. That was my moment. I easily freed myself and pushed him away. I didn't want to wake up the other servants, so I ran out of the room. I could quietly deal with him in the hallway, hoping that the demons outside wouldn't notice us.

As I went out of the room I heard steps; someone was coming upstairs. I didn't feel their aura though, so they were probably innocent humans. I couldn't let them see this or hurt them because of that damn demon.

I ran in their direction to tell them to hide. They were on the stairs. I didn't even had the time to think about what happened.

One of them grabbed me, making me slam against the wall, but it wasn't that hurtful. He was in front of me.
"Don't move and let Suho do the work." He whispered. What was with all of these people?
I didn't enjoy listening to orders, so I tried to get out of this position, but the man didn't let me. He even gently patted my head, I didn't expect that coming.

In the meantime, the other man -the one called Suho- was already in the hallway. I heard a fight going on but it was soon over. He was coming back for us.

"Who are you?" I briefly asked the man standing in front of me. I couldn't see much because it was still night, but I noticed that his clothes seemed to be dark. Either dark blue or black, but I didn't feel any aura coming out of him. I assumed he was a noble, but how did he come here and why?

"Err, I'm Yixing, but you can call me Lay. I prefer it." He replied.
"Lay? Why are you here? Why did you help me?" Before he could answer me, Suho was next to us, gesturing him with his hand to come closer.

They probably didn't want me to hear, but I did anyways, Suho's whispers were pretty loud.
"They found her. She won't be safe here." He told Lay. They were talking about my safety?

I didn't know if they were trustworthy though. But running right into the group of demons outside didn't seem the best of the ideas too. They saved me, okay, but I didn't really need help with that weak demon. But I eventually decided to stick up with them at the moment. They didn't seem evil and maybe they knew what was happening.

I focused on their whispers again.
"If we take her away now, how will be able to contact Sehun and the others?" Lay was talking.

Sehun?

"How do you know Sehun?" I joined the conversation. Sehun is a demon, they're humans, so how-

"We work together and it seems that you were listening to us. Nobody told you eavesdropping is bad?" Suho said to me. So Sehun left someone to check on me. "Well, it's your fault, those weren't whispers, even a grandma could hear you." I retorted back. "Suho, I know you're nervous, but this isn't the time to fight with the halfblood." Lay tried to calm the atmosphere.