Chapter 18

She woke up there, in her family's castle. The room was intact as she left it the last time she went there alone in her dreams. The rose window was still giant and magnificent.

A woman, with a small boy around the age of 3 next to her, called for her. "Nayla!" But she was ignored the first time. "Nayla come here!" At the second, the small kid moved towards her.

"Mommy?" The kid said. "Mommy where did you go?" She asked before hugging onto her mother tightly.

"I'm so sorry." The mother cried out. "I'm so sorry but I will have to leave soon." She embraced the small defenseless child.

"You and your brother must be strong, because your mother can't protect you anymore."

-

Tears were streaming down my cheeks when I woke up. I was now sure that the woman I dreamt about was in fact my mother. There wasn't any doubt anymore. I brushed off the trars from my cheeks and pulled myself up to sit on the bed.

"Are you crying?" Sehun asked from the floor, but he quickly got up from it.

I had forgotten we were in the same room because of the schock. I watched Sehun as he almost tripped over the blankets which made me slightly smile. But he was soon in front of me with a sleepy but worried expression on his face.

"You don't have to worry about it." I tried to smile a bit more in order to reassure him that I was okay.

He rolled his eyes in response. "I'm not dumb, I'm a jerk and everything you want but definitely not dumb."

"Are you trying to start a fight?" I retorted back. Truthfully, I wasn't really okay, but it was just a dream about my mother, he would think I was silly to cry over such a thing.

"Only if that distracts you from the problem." He winked. I slammed my hand on his chest, he groaned.

"You're weird." I sighed.

He understood that I didn't want to talk about it. And as he said, he somehow helped me a bit with his questionable ways to distract me, but I was glad he did.

"That's why you like me." He smirked jokingly. I stiffened.

"You wish." I was the one rolling her eyes now.
"Let's go to the others."

"Wait." He placed a hand on my arm to stop me. "Aren't you going to change yourself? Take your time, I'll tell them to wait a bit for you." He grabbed a black shirt and some pants before going out.

I watched him as he gently closed the door. I rubbed my eyes and noticed they were a bit puffy. I understood why he said that now, I mentally slapped myself. The others would've seen me and I didn't want that so I took my time changing myself, after that I went to wash my face.

-

Breakfast was quieter than usual since there were only 5 of us. Lay and Suho headed to the demons' library really early in the morning, as Kai told us since they woke him up to teleport them there.

"We should go to the tavern too." D.O. said to Kai. "Maybe we'll see something suspicious. If some demons really know about the person that's behind this, I don't think they'll talk about it at night, since it's too crowded with demons, as we saw yesterday."