Chapter 9

It was time for me to go.
Just a few moments and I could finally see where my father and his family lived.

Truthfully, I didn't really like him from what they've told me so far. But maybe this was the case to make me change that. I wanted to understand why he put me in so much danger to help humans. I felt like he didn't love me at all, but I appreciate him at least a little bit for sympathizing humans. Demons don't feel anything towards them and they would never help them on top of that.

Maybe I could've even found something about my mother. But if he managed to hide me for many years without even his family, except his father, know about me then I wasn't really hopeful that I could find something her.
And I knew there were high chances that she's dead, so I didn't want to get my hopes up.

A few hours had passed since Suho sent them when Kai teleported back alone. Lay and Tao weren't with him.

He told us everything was ready. I had to control my aura in order to make the demons not find out about me. Lay had befriended almost all of them, so they were currently with him waiting for me all together. That way it was much easier to pass them by. Tao was waiting for us in front of the main entrance because Lay convinced the other demons I wouldn't use the main entrance because it's what everyone normally does in those situations. I would've used the back door, he said.

We had decided in advance that I would go there with Kris -since he was one of the best fighters- and obviously Kai because he had to teleport us.

Kai placed a hand on my arm and he did the same to Kris. "Now that I think about it, it's going to be your first time teleporting, since you broke the bond last time." Kai told me, but I was already feeling too dizzy to reply.

My sight started to get blurry, I was getting a very nauseating feeling. I decided to close my eyes since I felt like I could've thrown up by any moment at that point.

I suddenly didn't feel anything under my feet, but after only a second the ground was back there.

I opened my eyes again.

"You'll become used to it after a few times don't worry." Kai reassured me.

We were standing behind some bushes. The place was very isolated, the vegetation was dense around us. I was astonished by something.

The castle where my family had lived was huge. Although it was dark, I could easily tell it was heavily decorated. There were so many things about it that made mesmerized but even hurt at the same time. My family was so important, but there I was living as a halfblood hated by everyone.

Kris pressed his hand against my head to make me lower myself. "Be careful, some demons could be still around." He whispered.

"I think we can go, Tao is there." Kai said and actually, I catched a glimpse of Tao waving to us near the entrance. I recognized him mostly thanks to his blonde hair, it was one of the only things the moon could enlight easily.

We moved slowly and carefully. I was hiding my aura since when we were still at the Base and Kai teleported us. I needed to remain concentrated.

"Took you so long!" Tao whisper-shouted at us. "The door is already open a little. We shouldn't try to open it more because it can make a loud noise...I tried. So be extra careful." He pointed at the door behind him with his thumb.

We heard somebody laughing, I almost jumped from the fear.

But it was coming from far away behind the castle. It was probably the demons with Lay.

"Guys I'm going back to bring someone else too, maybe Lay could need some help." Kai suddenly spoke. We agreed, it wasn't a bad thing having more back up. He teleported shortly after that.