Chapter 30

"Do you think she'll survive?" It was a man's voice.

"I'm not sure, but we can't do anything against Gendros's decisions." A deeper voice replied.

I tried to open my eyes, but everything I could see was a strong white light, it was making my eyelids feel heavier. I couldn't perceive anything else.

"Do you think..." the voice took a few seconds before continuing "...do you think she'll end up like her father?"

The light became pitch black.

"She's not dead yet." It was a familiar voice this time... "She can't be dead yet."
"We can't be sure." A female's voice replied. "48 hours passed already, if she doesn't wake up now, there won't be another time."

"SHE ISN'T DEAD." The man was shouting. "I NEED HER. I NEED HER ANCESTOR'S POWER." Something fell on the ground making a loud noise.

"Gendros!" The female voice cried out. "Stop it! You're going insane!"
"I won't stop until I achieve my goal." His voice was calm again, but it sounded dull and monotonous.

"You already got a lot from their father" the voice was shaking. "Y-you can't do this again."
"I can do whatever I want. You work for me, you can't go against the King's words." The harsh voice replied.

"This is wrong Gendros, you know it."

"Please, wake up." Someone was begging... me?
"Please Nayla, please!" I could recognize the voice, but I didn't really know why. I couldn't recall her face.
I felt something on my hand... she was holding my hand.

I slowly opened my eyes, but the sudden light was making it hard for me to see clearly.

I think I heard a chair sliding back. The lady probably got up.
"Are you okay?" Her figure finally came in my view, but there was too much light behind her, I was trying to focus so I could eventually see her clearly. "We need to get you out of here." She quickly told me before slipping away from my sight.

I heard somebody walking before the lady suddenly moved down my eyelids with her fingers.
The door opened.

"Is she awake?" The man's voice sounded very familiar too.
"No, she isn't." answered the lady. "She's dead. Dead like everyone else you bring here."

"Shut up." His voice sounded amused. "I found another way."
Something touched my arm, it was sharp.

"Her blood is still reactive even if she isn't alive." The man was laughing. "You think I would've let this chance slip out of my hands like this?"

I suddenly felt a cold pierce in my arm, but I pulled it away before it could go too deep.
While opening my eyes, I got up from the bed I was lying on.

My eyes finally met the man's face. It was Gendros, but he looked like he'd been troubled a lot. I let a smirk appear on my lips. Next to him was standing a guy holding a syringe, all dressed in light blue, he was a noble. A few steps behind me, I could feel the lady's presence.

"You'll need much more than that to knock me out." I growled.
"Do you think so? The only thing you could use to get yourself out of this is your power and you haven't mastered that up in so many years." He sourly laughed.

"And that saved me, didn't it?" I observed his reaction.

Caught him. "You can't do anything if even I can't use my power. You need it, but I don't exactly have it, right?" I walked towards him.
"Or well, if you want to light up some candles, I can do that." I added as I faced him.