Chapter 27

"You're a huge dimwit." Sehun snorted.
"What even is a dimwit?" I retorted back.
"See? You're definitely a dimwit." He rolled his eyes.

I walked towards the door. "I'm going to leave if this is why you've called me."

We were currently in one of the rooms of Suho's abandoned castle. We decided to stay there a bit more since we didn't know what the enemy's next move was going to be. We were safe there and we could focus on finally getting a grip of the whole situation. Suho, Kris and Tao, the ones that went to the king's private area had been awfully quiet since we came back. Suho told us to wait a few moments because he had to do something with them and I kept having a bad feeling about this all. It wasn't usual for Suho to stare at me like he did earlier.

"Don't leave." Sehun scratched the back of his neck. "There's something else that I wanted to talk about."

I swallowed my saliva.
"Yeah...?"

He silently watched me as I tried to maintain the eye contact, which was too awkward for me to take after a while so I adverted my gaze from him.

"You're all shy now?" He chuckled. "Weren't you all over me just a while ago?"

And there I thought he was going to be serious.

"Shut up." I snapped. "I was trying to save you."

I looked at Sehun again as I walked towards him. "And it actually worked, so you better be thankful."

"Okay, okay, take it easy." He slightly smirked.

"Can you stop smirking?" I glared at him. "It irritates me."

"First, you told me to shut my mouth and now I can't even smile?"

"That's not smiling. That's smirking. Two different things." I groaned.

He chuckled again.

"Stop chuckling too." I glared at him once again. "You're so frustrating."

"Okay, so basically I can't do anything." He shrugged.

I nodded while making the fakest smile I could manage to pull off. "Yes, good boy."

"I can't even confess to you?" He blurted out, but his face was totally serious.

I stared at him for a while. I didn't even know how to reply at that, I was afraid he was just joking and I didn't want to blurt out my feelings for him. If he really was just kidding, I could lose the relationship we were in, even as friends.

"Uh..?" I awkwardly looked at him, narrowing my eyebrows.

His expression drastically changed, he looked like he regretted what he said.

"You can." I blurted out.

He gently smiled, note the word smiled, not smirked. It was rare to see him like that.

"Not now." He sighed. "But I'll keep that in mind, you dimwit."

I felt my cheeks burning. Actually, I probably didn't notice them heat up earlier but now I felt like they were going to explode at any moment.

Sehun walked towards me... no, not actually towards me. He walked past me, to the door. Then, he suddenly kicked it.

"I'm ashamed to live with you all." Somebody let out a groan behind the door as it was opening.
"It's not fair." Baekhyun snapped with the rest of the group behind him.

[I introduce you to EXO, a whole group of cockblockers]

-

"I'm not sure how Nayla and Luhan will take this, but we have some clues on who's actually the man behind this." Suho was talking while gazing at me and my twin.