Chapter 9

Today was my parents visitation. It started today at 4:00 in the afternoon for family and 5-9 for friends. Tomorrow was the funeral from 9:00 to 11:00 that morning. Alan and I both wore solid black pants with a black dress up shirt. Asher, Michael, and Jordan all wore light purple dress up shirts because that was my mom's favorite color. Addison, Amelia, and Hannah wore dresses that were light blue because that was my dad's favorite color.

When we got to the funeral home, Alan grabbed m hand and intertwined our fingers. We went in first before anyone else did.

"Are you ready, Babe?" Alan asks before we walk into the room where they were layed out.

"No, But I've got to be strong" I say. He opens up the door for me and I go in first. As we made our way up the both the caskets the we're side by side I noticed something. On the inside of both caskets where words were usually written was a picture of my parents with all of us at the final place we saw them at, The tour. The picture was took after we took one last final bow.

"Oh Wow" Alan says. He grips my hand tighter.

"I didn't think that would be the last time I ever got to speak to them" I say.

"I know. I didn't either" He says and kisses my cheek. A few tears were in my eyes.

"We should let everyone else come in" I say.

"Okay, I'll go get them" Alan says and walks out of the room. I sat on a stool in between both caskets. There was another stool beside mine so somebody could sit with me. A few minutes later, Alan walked in with Jenna, Emma, Sasha, Yasmin, Val, Addison, Asher, Amelia, Hannah, Michael, and Jordan.

"Mom, Are you good?" Asher asks walking up to me.

"Yeah, Are you?" I ask him.

"The boys and I have to be strong for you women, Grandpa wouldn't have  wanted us crying over him" He replies. 

"Your right" I say.

"Can the boys and I go greet people as the arrive outside?" He asks.

"Yeah, Of course" I answer. Asher, Michael, and Jordan all walk out together.

"Do you need anything, Babe?" Alan asks and sits down on the stool next to me.

"No, I'm fine for now" I say. Suddenly, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and had a notification from instagram from Asher. It was a selfie of the three boys outside the funeral home.

"brothers. i don't know what i would do without these two boys @michaelfarber and @jordanc i love you guys.".

His caption made me smile and I knew that my dad was smiling down at them too. Addison, Amelia, and Hannah all found a little room next door that they all sat and talked in. Yasmin and Emma were in the tech room giving pictures to them to make a video of. Sasha, Val , Alan, Jenna, and I were all in the main room. Val, Sasha, and Jenna had all found more stools and pulled them up beside the two caskets and sat down. Jenna was on my right and the two boys sat to the left of Alan.

"You know, The only family we had that lived in Kentucky was each other" I say. "Everyone else is in North Carolina".

"You didn't call them?" Val asks looking over at me.

"No, They were called, They just didn't like us" I say.

"Why?" Sasha asks.

"My aunts and uncles thought I that my parents were idiots for letting me take dance classes. They all said my dream was too big and that I would never make it as a professional. When I got put on the show my mom called everyone and made sure they knew I was a pro. She made sure they knew I achieved my dream" I explained. "Everyone was so mad because I showed them that I did it. They hate us now".