Chapter 30

***Alan's POV***

Today was March 29th. It was Danielle's 36th birthday. We had the day off to celebrate and plan a party because tomorrow we were travelling to Canada from Arizona which would take a long time. But, Danielle thought that everyone had forgotten about her birthday. She had been upset and down all day. Nobody had told her 'Happy Birthday' and Nobody had made any instagram posts about it. Little did Danielle know, I had planned a birthday party for her in the hotel that everyone was going to help me set up. I asked Jenna to get Danielle away from the hotel and keep her occupied until four o'clock tonight. Val, Sasha, and I decorated, Emma and Yasmin made a video for Dani of birthday messages to her, Amelia, Hannah, and Addison made a collage of our greatest memories together for her, and Asher, Jordan, and Michael decorated the hotel ballroom for dancing and music. Everyone was working hard doing their jobs when a guy holding a box walked in.

"Uh, I'm looking for Alan Bersten" The guy says.

"I'm Alan" I say.

"Ive got a birthday cake for...Danielle Bersten" He says.

"Oh, Right, Thank you" I say and pay him then take the cake from his hands and set It on the table. It was a strawberry cake that had a picture of Danielle and I on it that read 'Happy Birthday!'. We had most of everything done. Addison, Amelia, and Hannah just needed to hang up the collage beside the section if the wall we decorated to take pictures on. We hung up a banner that said 'Happy Birthday, Danielle' on it. The back drop was black so it would make the people in the picture stand out, and beside it would be where the collage was. Once we sat that up in the rack to hold it up we were finished.
The only thing we had left to do was order the pizzas and bring all the presents down.

***

It was 3:50. Dani and Jenna would be here in ten minutes. Jenna made up a plan to get Danielle in here so we could surprise her. I didn't know what the plan was, but I was just excited to surprise Danielle.

***Danielle's POV***

"Come on, Alan said he wanted me to tell you to meet him in this little practice room because he thought of new choreography for a routine for the show" Jenna says. I wasn't in the mood to do any dancing right now. It was my birthday and they had forgotten. Not even Jenna said anything to me the whole day we  were out.

"Nobody is in there" I say.

"This is where Alan wants you to meet him" She says again.

"It's pitch black in there. Nobody is in that room" I argue getting a louder tone.

"Danielle, Go" Jenna says sternly.

"Fine, Whatever" I say and open the door. "See there isn't any-".

"SURPRISE!". The lights went on and the whole room was decorated for a party. Alan walks up to me.

"Did you really think I would forget?" He asks and hugs me.

"You didn't say anything this morning" I say. "Nobody did".

"Well, We all wanted this to be a surprise" Jenna says.

"You were in on it?" I ask.

"Of course" She says. After I hugged everyone we took some pictures in front of the little backdrop Alan had made. I posted one of Alan and I.

"how lucky am i to have such an amazing guy? he surprised me with a surprise party today for my birthday. i love you @alanbersten". I really couldn't believe that he pulled this off. As I was sitting down eating, I got a notification on my phone. It was from Alan. He had posted a side by side of our wedding day picture and the picture we had just taken.