Chapter 33

***Friday***

Today was May 26th. Alan's Birthday. I was lying beside him in bed waiting  for him to get up. He finally opened his eyes.

"Happy Birthday, Babe" I say.

"Thank you, Beautiful" He says and kisses me.

"Do you want to go get some breakfast?" I asked.

"No, I want to stay right here with you" He says and grands my fave and kisses me again.

"I love you" I say.

"Not as much and I love you" He says. I get out of the bed and put on one of his T-shirts. He was only wearing gray sweat pants and his hair was a mess. Eighteen years later and he still looked as good as the first day I met him.

"Let's go see everyone" He says. We walk downstairs. As soon as Amelia spots him, She runs to him.

"Happy Birthday, Daddy" She says and hugs him.

"Thank you, Baby" He says. After everyone wished him a happy birthday. I asked him what he wanted to do before we went to the theatre we were going to be in tonight. His answer surprised me. Be wanted to get matching tattoos.

"A tattoo?" I asked.

"What's wrong with tattoos?" Val asked.

"Nothing, I just didn't think Alan would ever want one" I say.

"Will you get one with me?" He asked.

"Well, Yeah" I say.

"Emma won't get one with me" Sasha pouts.

"Don't worry, Man, Jenna won't either" Val says.

"Let's get dressed then go get them" I say. Alan agrees and practically pulls me up the steps. I couldn't believe he wanted a tattoo, but it was his pretend and his birthday and I just wanted him to be happy.

***

"Are you sure you want a tattoo?" I ask as we walk into the tattoo parlor.

"Yes, I want something on my wrist to remind me of you everyday" He says. "Will you get one with me?".

"Yeah, I guess" I say.

"You're the best" He says and kisses my cheek. We were greeted by a big man with tattoo sleeves on both arms.

"Hi, I'm Ricky, What can I do for you?".

"We'd like a couple tattoo" Alan answered.

"Alright, What do you want?".

"I was thinking maybe her initial on my wrist with a heart beside it and the same on her but my initial.

"Okay, I'll draw up some sketches and then you tell me what you like" He says.

"Okay" Alan says. We sit down at the seats in the front. My phone buzzed with a notification from Entertainment Tonight.

"Danielle and Alan Bersten spotted in Hawaii going to a tattoo parlor? Could this be Alan's birthday present?".

"Let's post a selfie about it" Alan says and pulls out his phone. I kiss his cheek for the picture. He posted it.

"as my birthday present this year, i only asked for one thing, a tattoo to remind me of this beautiful one everyday and she gave in a decided to get a matching one with me! photos to come soon!".

***

Ricky had came up to the front a showed us a few sketches. We decided to go with the first one he had. It was a heart with the letters 'A' and 'D' beside them. Now I was kind of getting excited about this tattoo. Alan went back first and I held his other hand.