Chapter 3.

"Zeeshan?"

Zeeshan looked down immediately and Noor frowned at his action.Even Noor looked down for a second before looking at him again.He slowly shook his head and Noor smiled slightly.

"Assalamu alayekum Noor."

"Walekum assalam. How are you?"

"Alhumdulillah."

"That's great! You look different."

Zeeshan instantly looked up and Noor took a step back out of fear. 

"What do you mean?"

"You look different. I mean we last met some six or seven years back. So now you look different."

"Oh that way." 

"Yeah."

"I'm getting late for work so I will leave now." Zeeshan said.

"Ok."

Zeeshan turned around and left the room. Noor raised her eyebrows before sitting down again. She took the magazine which was on the table and started reading it. Few seconds later she heard Zeeshan start his car and Zeeshan left.

Noor was busy reading her magazine when her phone started ringing. Noor's phone was on the table next to the chair she was sitting on. She picked it up before placing it on her left ear.

"Hello."

She could still hear the phone ringing so she looked at the screen and realised it was not her phone which was ringing. She looked around and saw one phone on the couch. The phone stopped ringing so she again started reading her magazine.

After few minutes the phone again started ringing. Noor frowned before looking at the phone. Her aunt and Grandfather was not at home so she could not pass the phone to someone else. She had no idea who was the owner of the phone. She ignored it and after few more rings the phone stopped ringing. But immediately the phone again started ringing. Noor frowned again and stood up this time before taking the phone in her hand.

"What if the call is important?" Noor thought.

She hesitated for few seconds before answering the call.

"Hello?"

No one said anything from the other side which made Noor frown again. After few more second someone said,

"Who's this?"

Noor did not reply and kept thinking whether  she should say something or just disconnect the call.

"Is this Zeeshan's phone?"

"Probably." Noor said.

"And you are?"

"His cousin."

"Noor?"

Noor frowned deeper before slowly nodding her head,"Yeah."

"Noor! Assalamu Alayekum. How are you?"

"Walekum assalam. I'm sorry but..."

"I'm Mehmood. Zeeshan's Baba."

"Mehmood Phuphajaan! Ya Allah. How are you?"

"Alhumdulillah."

"Oh My God! Where are you? I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too kid."

"You are still in Kashmir?"

"No. Actually I'm in new York."