Chapter 35.

"So Brutus how are you?" Afzal asked.

Raiyan smiled before asking,"will you stop calling me that?"

"No, I don't think so."

"How are you Raiyan?" Zeeshan asked.

"I'm good. It's nice to see you two decided to give it a shot."

Zeeshan smiled and handed him a glass of juice.

"Thank you." Raiyan said before taking it from him.

"How is your dad now?" Afzal asked.

"Not so good. Pray for him."

"We will. Don't worry he will be fine soon." Zeeshan said.

Raiyan smiled before taking a sip from his glass. They were quiet for some time before​ Noor came in the room.

"So Raiyan how is school? By the way, what's your age?" Noor asked.

"It's fine and I'm eighteen."

"Wow. Eighteen and so wise? That's impressive." Afzal said.

"Thank you once again for helping Raiyan." Noor said.

"How many more years are you going to thank me? Just forget about it."

"Going against your own brother is not easy, especially when you are so young. We will forever be grateful to you." Zeeshan said.

Noor looked at Zeeshan for some time and then smiled,"I hate to say it but he is right."

"Noor and Zeeshan come on we are your guests! You should not keep us hungry for so long! Food is here right? Then set the table!" Afzal said.

"Ok." Noor stood up.

"Zeeshan go and help her." Afzal ordered.

Zeeshan rolled his eyes,"why do you keep forgetting I'm the elder one." Zeeshan then stood up and went to the kitchen leaving Raiyan and Afzal alone.

"So you are staying here just to irritate him?" Raiyan asked after some time.

"No. I know Noor very well. She might not like it if I stay in a hotel instead of her house. She loves guests. And we have a very special relationship. She is my baby sister and also she has the ability to brainwash my wife. So before she does that and I get in trouble I thought it would be better to stay here."

Raiyan smiled,"that's good."

"For the first time I did not thought of irritating him. But ultimately I'm doing that so it's fine."

Raiyan laughed,"why do you always do that? I remember how much you used​ to tease him."

"That's how I'm. And when we were kids we were neighbours and he was also my best friend's Cousin so I use to meet him almost everyday. He was not so rude,quiet and weird that time. He was a sweet guy who use to enjoy and play with me. I'm trying to bring that boy out of him with all these teasing but he is really stubborn and just refuses to give up on his rude act!"

"Why did he change?"

"tragic life, bad company and some wrong decisions."

"Life ... can change Any day or any time and change you to an extend that you never knew you could."

"True. But we all have our shares of problems. I feel we should not give up on life. Why to change ourselves when things around us are already changing?"

"But it's difficult to stay the same old self."

"I know. But still I feel its wrong to change. See my mom was my dad's second wife and our house was ruled by his first wife. One day suddenly she announced she wants to go back to our homeland and My father followed her blindly. I don't understand why he was like that. Anyway, he left me and my mom here and just felt. He use to send us money but he was not here physically. It was heart breaking and even I was depressed for a long time because my mom was suffering a lot but then I realised they don't deserve my attention or tears. Why should I change myself for them? They are selfish"