Chapter 36.

Jazaki Allahu khairan jiminwifie for this beautiful cover. I love it!

For some reason I'm not able to see comments on chapter 35 so I'm really sorry for not replying!

Ignore mistakes.

Enjoy:)

"when you messaged about the dinner I totally forgot Afzal was here." Noor said looking at Afzal who was showing Iiman fishes in the aquariums in the restaurant.

"How can you forget him? And it was his idea so that was obvious he would be here." Zeeshan said before looking up at Noor.

"Yeah." Noor said nodding her head multiple times.

"He is really good with kids I guess."

"He has a one year old daughter so he knows what kids want."

"It's surprising you know. When his father left he was so broken. I remember he use to cry a lot and he was always angry. He even had a fight with a boy in school."

"That was so unlike Afzal. He broke his wrist."

"And now look at him. Can anyone guess he is the same Afzal."

Noor smiled,"he is amazing. He is an inspiration for all of us."

"He definitely is. That happened way before my disaster and I still didn't learn anything from him."

"It's ok Zeeshan. What's done is done. You cannot change it now."

Zeeshan nodded,"I know but I have decided I will not let that affect my present. I won't repeat my mistakes."

"That's a very nice decision." Noor said smiling.

"You know what happened today at work? A little girl was crying because she didn't have a baby sister. Her mom gave birth to a boy last month."

Noor laughed,"Aww poor baby."

"She was actually bribing me to give her a baby girl and take away her brother. She gave me her candy."

Noor laughed again,"I love your work. Can I work there?"

"Sure. You just have to study for seven to eight years."

"I'm very happy at home."

Zeeshan started laughing and soon Noor joined him. Afzal turned around and saw them laughing. He smiled instantly and his smile kept growing big. Looking at Iiman he said ,"look mummy and daddy are happy together.......... finally."

***

"Afzal come back soon." Noor said who was sad about Afzal leaving.

"No. This time you come home."

"I want to come so InshaAllah soon."

"Good. Take care. I have to leave now."

"Bye. Say Salam to everyone."

"Walekum assalam. Bye Noor. Bye Zeeshan. Thanks for your good behaviour. I appreciate it."

Zeeshan rolled his eyes before nodding his head. 

Once Afzal was gone they came back in the living room. Iiman was sleeping in her room. Zeeshan started calculating his expenses of the month. This left Noor all alone. Generally when Iiman is sleeping even she goes to sleep but today she didn't feel like it so she sat next to Zeeshan, watching some Korean show.

After half an hour suddenly Noor's eyes fell on Zeeshan, who had a worried expression on his face. She pulled out her earphones before asking,"What happened?"