Chapter 24.

Belated happy birthday ishu AnImperpectMuslimah

Khurshid whose eyebrows were raised high up and arms crossed, was staring at his sons. Sufyaan and Aman looked at each other before looking back at Khurshid.

"Daddy." Sufyaan started to explain.

"Enough." Khurshid said.

"We were just trying to help." Aman said.

"Did I ask for help?"

"But a party will cost a lot." Sufyaan said."you don't even allow me to give money to run this house. How will you manage everything?"

"My father stopped spending money on us the day I started earning. Bills, education expenditure of my three siblings, groceries, medical expenses everything was my duty. We were six at that time. If I can do all that with just ten thousand rupees as my salary, I can definitely do this."

Aman and Sufyaan did not say anything and like children who were ashamed of their act they were looking down and listening to Khurshid quietly.

"Are you two done because I don't have time to waste."

Kehara smiled before resting her head on her father's shoulder,"I told them not to discuss this matter but they never listen to me."

"That's why they always land into trouble." Khurshid said making his daughter smile.

"Correct."

"I'm sure even Zyva stopped Sufyaan but he never takes our advice seriously."

"Yes, I did daddy!" Zyva exclaimed like a baby.

"You two should always listen to your wives!"

"Yes!" Kehara said nodding her head.

Sufyaan rolled his eyes before whispering,"dad's like our mother in-law. Always taunting."

"This is all your fault."

Sufyaan narrowed his eyes at Aman.

"Now you two can leave.  I have a date with my daughters."

"Aman can I stay at your place tonight?"

"Yeah, sure."

"I will go and get my things."

"Things? Just one day! You are not allowed for more than a day."

"Who wants to stay with you anyway? It was your wife's plan to have a day alone with daddy so now pay the compensation."

"Just go and get your things."

Soon Aman and Sufyaan left leaving Khurshid alone with his daughters and grandchildren. Soon Noor joined them. It was another plan to cheer Noor up but again it looked like a waste of time. Around ten Khurshid went to his room and They started talking about random things.

"I love my father a lot but he is kind of formal. He does not show us love and affection. And he is very strict so me and Zynah use to stay away. We never use to sit together and discuss something." Zyva said.

"My dad is a good mixture. He is sweet some time and strict other time. So at times you can sit and talk to him but at times​ you cannot even stay in the same room." Noor said lifting her hands in the air.

"You both know my dad. We can talk to him about anything and everything." Kehara said.

"She is right. You should see what all Sufyaan discusses with him. At time I'm like 'he is your father' and he as usual rolls his eyes!"