Chapter 12.

"Naaz, Please open the door." Mrs. Khan said when someone knocked the door.

"Ok." 

Naaz stood up from the bed and left the room to open the door. Noor was getting married in few days so all her relatives were going to come to attend her wedding. For Naaz, Noor was liked her own daughter so she came early to help with the preparations. Naaz was also designing Noor's Engagement​ dress which will be four days before her Nikkah. 

Naaz opened the door and was shocked to see the person standing in froth of her. She had not seen him in years. Last time when she was him, his hair were black but now they are grey. His face has wrinkles and he has also put on some weight. Unknowly her eyes filled with water. 

"Assalamu alayekum."Mehmood said.

Naaz looked down before moving aside to make way for Mehmood to come in. Mehmood came inside,removed his shoes and started walking towards the living room. Naaz was standing in the same place for almost a minutes,staring at his shoes. Then she closed the door and went in the kitchen. Taking a glass from the cupboard she filled it with water. she kept the glass on a tray before going in the living room.  

Mehmood raised an eyebrow before taking the glass of water from Naaz. Naaz sat down on the chair whereas Mehmood was sitting on the couch. Mehmood again raised an eyebrow when Naaz sat on the chair. Awkward silence took over. Naaz wanted to start a conversation but suddenly she was short of topics. Mehmood didn't know if he was suppose to talk or just sit there quietly till the time someone else comes in the room. 

Mehmood looked at his wife and soon a frown made it's way on his forehead. She was looking old. She has dark circles and she looked tired. Naaz was a very stylish lady and seeing her like this broke his heart. He was still upset with her for all that she did but he was still in love with her. 

When he could not see her anymore looking down like a lifeless body he asked,"Zeeshan is coming for the wedding?"

Naaz looked up,"You should be the one to answer that. He never tells me his plans."

Mehmood, for the very first time felt sad for her. He always knew Zeeshan didn't share a good relationship with his mother but he never thought that was hurting her so much. 

"I will talk to him. He will attend the wedding."

"Thank you." 

Again the awkward silence took over. They both wanted to talk to each other but years of separation left nothing for them to talk. Zeeshan was the only topic on which they both talked in all these years. Nothing other than zeeshan was discussed. He was the only common things left between them. 

"Mehmood Phuphajaan?"

Mehmood and Naaz turned towards the door where Noor was standing. Mehmood smiled making Noor smile broader.

"Assalamu alayekum Noor."

"Walekum assalam! What are you doing here?"

"Attending your wedding."

"Really? You are here for me?"

"Yeah. Who else can bring me here?"

Naaz stood up from her chair and left the room. Mehmood and Noor saw her leaving and where quiet for few seconds.

"So to bring you here I'm suppose to get married?"

"How many times are you planning to get married?"

Noor laughed before sitting down on the chair where Naaz was sitting earlier.

"As of now only one."