Chapter #4- I am affected by Asher, but not by Alpha Ulysses.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

I know that if I request her politely, to not beg her mate to mark us, she'll probably ask me to kiss her ass, so I do something I have mastered over the years.

I manipulate her.

'Go right ahead, Sel' I start with an encouraging and mocking smile.

I can feel her confusion so I continue, 'What better way to show him our worth, than by begging him to mark us?' My voice drop an octave.

'I mean what is our value, right? If we did have some value for him, he'd have marked us before our heat... to strengthen the bond... but you know what, Sel? You are right. We should ask Asher to mark us, as I am sure, his host never will... what other way to tie ourselves to our mate, right? After Asher marks us, Alpha Ulysses will be tied to us forever... and would probably despise us for duping him into something he doesn't want...'

'Stop!' Sel cries.

'No, Sel. You need to know this! How long are you going to be happy with Asher after forcing him to mark us? His host's bitterness will one day seep into him, and then... and then, we'll both be back at square one!'

She doesn't reply, instead leaves all of a sudden, drifting to the back of my head and putting her walls up. I feel the icy hands of guilt engulf me, but I know that I am right. If not now, she'd have been hurt in the future....

Other than that... I tune in to Alpha Asher.

($.$)

When he observes my eyes, he says, "So you are the beautiful Delilah..."

"Alpha Asher" My head automatically bows in respect, because of his strong aura.

"Your eyes are beautiful" he complements and I colour.

"You sent Selene back" He states.

"Uh... Y-yes Alpha"

"You call me Alpha. Not Asher...."

Where is he going with all this?

"You left us"

Say what?

"You are not what I had imagined our mate to be like..."

That's not rude. At all.

He doesn't deserve a slap.

Or a tear.

"You are too weak to be a Luna-"

You know what? I am not even going to hear him. Not when he is feeling like disrespecting me for who I am.

"With all due respect Alpha Asher-"

"-You are not attracted to me like Selene is"

What the hell?!

Why is he bringing that in between.
So what if I can't feel the bond now, unless Sel is in command? It's not a bad thing! I consider it to be a blessing! One that I worked my ass off for!

"With all due respect, Alpha Asher-" I start again, but he dips his head, levelling his eyes with mine.

His breath hits my lips, and my cheeks start colouring themselves like the fools that they are

"W-what are y-you..."

"Just testing a theory, Beautiful Delilah" He says and lightly brings a finger to my face, removing a spare tendril of hair that had left the qualms of my ponytail.