Chapter #32- The Alpha's Mark.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

I sat still in shock, trying to calm down, as I stared at my Mate's body. The heat that he constantly radiated, was fading.

Like my heart beat.

This is a dream.

Scratch that, a nightmare.

My life's worst fucking nightmare.

I am gonna wake up any second and Alpha Ulysses will be sitting right next to me, staring at me with a smile.

I kept telling myself that and when I'd finally convinced myself that it's a dream, I need to close my eyes and open them again and it will all be gone; I did just that.

I closed my eyes, took a deep deep breath, crossed my fingers and then opened my eyes.

And nothing changed.

He was still there. Lying lifeless on the bed, blood staining his barely there 5 o'clock shadow.

"Wake up, Alpha. You win! I give up!" I laughed and tugged at his hand.

He didn't move.

"I said wake up, Alpha!" I scowled at his sleeping form, shaking him a tad bit more.

"Wake the fuck up! I accept you, okay? I give up and I fucking accept you as my fucking Mate" and just to make it sound more official, I added, "I, Delilah Selene Raymond, accept thee Ulysses Asher Black as my Moon bound Mate"

He still didn't budge.

"Cut the shit and wake up!" I slapped his chest lightly.

His chest was not heaving.

"You are a mighty fine actor, Alpha. You got me, alright? Alright?!" When he still didn't blink, I lost my shit.

"NO!" I screamed wildly, clawing at my own hair.

"You are not going to fucking die on me! I will not fucking allow that, do you understand? You are gonna wake up right this second, tell me this was all a joke and apologize" I glared to look intimidating, because I didn't think my wavering voice was doing a good job at that.

"Then we will cuddle together and sleep" I exhaled and stared at his ashen face as I continued.

"Tomorrow, we will go together to the office, work, have lunch together and then go for the traditional Full Moon Run" I smiled through the tears and continued to describe how the next couple of days were going to be for us to him.

"And a day after, you will tell me the reason why you asked me to leave you and apologize again for making me wait all this time. After you tell me that you love me, have loved me since you first saw me as your Mate 14 years ago, we wil kiss and make up" I described my life long fantasy to him.

"I will mark you and we will proceed to the final step of Mating. we will make love.... and I will officially be yours. Just like you will be mine" I swallowed the lump that had formed and continued.

"You are going to give me a pup... My pup... Your pup... Our pup... And we will raise him or her together. You are going to love the both of us like it is your sole reason to live" I informed his motionless body.

"Now wake up!" I said harshly, shaking him again.

"ULYSSES ASHER BLACK, GET THE FU-" The ringing phone cut me off.

I picked up the abhorable device and was about to throw it away but changed my mind at the last second when I saw the name flashing on the screen.

It was Teague.