Chapter #10- Disappointment.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

All my life, or should I say ever since I found my mate, I've been nothing but disappointed.

All the other she-wolves describe meeting their mate as the best feeling ever, but for me? It had been the worst.

The most humiliating, to be precise.

14 years of my life, I waited on him, dodged all the advances by other male - species, and did my level best to be away from Him. Just like He said He wanted.

Hell, I even avoided my pack, my family, and lived the life of a lone-wolf, which is considered as hell on earth by other shifter wolves.

But, for him, I lived through hell.

And though he had hurt me a lot, all through my life, intentional or unintentional, it doesn't really matter, what hurt me the most was the sight in front of me.

He and his hooch were right now on the make shift, dance floor, dancing.

'That doesn't look like dancing to me' Sel growls and I have to agree.

The two of them are basically grinding on each other in the name of dance.

'My mistake, dirty dancing'

So I am sure now you are wondering what the hell is going on? Did Del finally go bonkers?!

So let me brief you through what passed when we heard that damned 'Congratulations'.

(×_×)

"You're wel-" my words get locked in my throat when I my eyes lock with the man standing beside the lady.

Sel stirs inside me.

But I am too frozen to react to her surfacing in front of Teague.

Mel's eyes widen with shock, and she is rendered speechless, and Teague is shaking with rage beside me.

Arianna notices the change in us, and handles the situation like a pro.

"Alpha Black! I am so glad that you made it!" She says with a wide smile, that looks strained.

Alpha Ulysses nods at her and snakes his arm around the waist of the blonde who is hanging on his arm, who, if you should know, is smiling like she has just won the lottery.

Wait. Who the hell invited him?

"Did you invite him?" Mel asks Arianna and she nods with a wide, self-satisfied smile.

"You said to invite all my contacts, so I did. My dad and he worked together some time back, and he is a lot into social work" She adds.

Oh.

Okay.

"Is there a problem?" She asks Mel with a frown on seeing her scowl.

Before Mel can acknowledge the very visible, 6'2 problem, standing in front of us, I cut in.

"No. None! Thanks a lot for taking the initiative, Arianna!" I smile at her and see her breathe out a sigh of relief.

"Alpha Ulysses! What a pleasant surprise!" I smile at him. My very own, very special, fake smile.

His response is to fix me with a glare.
"You all know each other?" Arianna asks.

"He is the Alpha of my pack" I smile at her, and nudge Teague, to get him to speak.