Chapter #33- TEASE

Camila Cabello - Havana ft. Young Thug

Chapter #33- TEASE!

All I can think as we make our way out of the doors of hell is- What a waste of time this trip was.

I mean I know that we got something out of it, if my son doesn't recognize his mate, then he won't have the urges to claim her, and everything will be dandy for them.

But still, the trip seems like a waste to me. We couldn't get the curse withdrawn or anything.

"It wasn't a waste of time, Sugar" My Mate tries to reassure me, but I ignore his words, feeling tired.

"Well, we part ways here" Ron announces once we are in the club and I stare at him intently.

"Whose side are you on, Ron? Your brother or his wife's?" I ask him and he looks at me for a beat before smirking.

"I am on the right side, little wolf" He says and then to my mate he addresses, "Stay assured that except the Vespucci family, no demons are partaking in the war you will fight. We demons will have our own things to deal with for a few years in the underworld, so the upperworld will be free of us for some time"

"Can you not stop the Vespucci family?" I ask him and he lets out a laugh.

"You of all the people should not ask that of me, little wolf. After all, it is because of you that the Vespucci family are joining the war" He says and I frown before it clicks in my mind that the demon I had punched was from the same family.

Dammit!

"Thank you for your help, demon" My Mate tells him and he gives him a nod, before walking away towards the punk bartender.

We walk the other way, easily making our way out of the bar which does not have a single person on the dance floor.

It must be morning then, I conclude the obvious.

My Mate ushers me to our car and surprising me, he tells me to drive.

"I need to catch up on some office stuff" He tells me as he boots his laptop, sitting on the passenger seat.

"What day is it?" I ask Spice as I steer the Lamborghini out of the parking lot, wanting to take a bath.

"If you are wondering how many days we have until the war with the hyenas, the answer is 4 days" My mate is not blessed with the ability to beat around the bush. Yay for me!

"O-kay. Thanks Mate!" I sigh and he raises his eyes from his laptop to stare at me.

"There is no chance in hell that they are going to win, you know?" He tells me and I blink a couple of times to hold back the tears.

"I don't want this war to happen in the first place" I confess in him.

"Why?" He asks. "If not today and if not with us, this war will happen some other time with somebody else, Sugar. The Hyenas are stepping over the line, and the Supernatural Committee is pissed with all their clans. They have been raping humans, looting them and overall taking ill advantage of their supernatural abilities. They have to be stopped"

"But-"

"There are no buts, Sugar"

I step on the brake and turn to give him a look. "Not for you, Spice, but it matters for me"

"Why?" He asks and I decide to hell with it and tell him the truth.

"It was my first year working with Ed when I came across a demon from the Vespucci family" I take a deep breath in, "My job was to trail him and not get close, because of some underworld rules and what not... but that demon was going to molest an underage human girl, who was crying for help, so I intervened and what do you know next? The Vespucci family got an agenda after us and they attacked Ed's office back in the UK. It was a low-key war and 4 supes who were working for Ed died"