Chapter #5- Alpha Ulysses corners me.

Song- Close by Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo

Chapter #5- Alpha Ulysses corners me.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

I join the office as an assistant in the HR.

A week (I joined on Tuesday, and today is Friday, so technically the working week will be over today) has passed since I joined Ash Inc. and Mr. Ryan, my immediate boss, and Beta-female Tulia's father, is just what I'd imagined a boss to be like.

A nightmare.

Most of the time, he's staring at my rare and spare... and when he's not doing that, he's busy pointing out the non existing flaws in my work. Astonishing that I was the valedictorian of my graduating class!

It has also been four days since I moved in the apartment building of the Inc. and I haven't been to the pack house even once.

Mum has been flipping shit, and has already come to visit me n no. of times. I think she spends more time at my apartment than me.

Becs and Hade have set camp at my flat, as the two of them are kinda addicted to my cooking.

Wait. Did I mention that I love cooking?

No?

Well... it's a passion!

I get off my motorcycle, (yeah I have a bike, because I am broke, and have no money to buy the lambhorgini that features in my dreams, so I have to make do with a bike. But people think it's because I am a badass... and that works just fine with me!) and stuff my shoes in my bag, pulling out the oair of heels.

No body is there in the parking lot and I know I am late af, thanks to Becs who decided to help me with breakfast by offering to make the juice.

She made something alright. A mess of my pristine kitchen!

Picking up my heels in my hand -why do I even wear them when I am already 5'7, I have no idea!- I run to the lobby barefoot and am lucky enough to catch the elevator before the doors close.

Not caring who is there in the lift with me, I make a move to press the 15th floor but freeze when my eyes catch the number that is already red.

It's none other than 39.

The floor where only HIS office is. I honest to Posseidon have no idea why he needs a whole floor as his office, but the whole floor is his office. Or that's what Becs told me as she gave me a tour of the office, sans the 39th floor.

I suck in a deep breath, and am instantly overwhelmed with his smell.
Pine and Musk.

Oh no.

Hell no!

I don't have to turn around to see that he is in the lift, with me, so I try to act casual and discreetly try to press the 15th button.

Only, I am not as discreet as I thought, for his sharp voice stops me.

"Don't even think about it" his words are so so calm, just like that before a storm.

"Uh..."

"We need to clear some things between us, Mate"

"O...kay?" I put my heels on the floor and slip them on as the lift comes to a halt.

He's so dang tall, that I need all the weapons with me! Height being one of them!

"After you" Is that sarcasm in his voice? I'd never know, for he is impeccably polite with his face as straight as usual.