Chapter #31- The Alpha saves the day (or night?)

Song I was listening to while writing this Chapter- Selena Gomez- Only You.

I don't know why I cry when I listen to this song....

Chapter #31- The Alpha saves the day (or night?)

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

I stand in front of the mirror, alone in a spare room in Alpha Ulysses' apartment. My eyes take in the mark that lays on my shoulder. 

The mark that my Mate gave me.

It is a beautiful mark, if I say so myself.

The two wolves in the mark are sitting on a turf of land, facing each other

The two wolves in the mark are sitting on a turf of land, facing each other. Their muzzles touching.

They look so peaceful that my heart clenches.

Will Alpha Ulysses and I ever be able to feel that kind of peace with each other?

Will we?

He completes me. And I am supposed to complete him. That is a fact.

But... is it too late?

My heart drops as my mind drifts back to what happened last night. Tears blur my vision, the two wolves now appearing hazy.

Will he be able to forgive me this time?

Or is it too late already?

[ ¥-¥ ]

When we reached home, it was around 10 o'clock and I was damn sleepy.

Curbing the desire to look at my mark (the Alpha would think I am desperate if I admired it in front of him!), I did my nightly ritual, warned the Alpha to stay on his side of the bed or else I wouldn't be held responsible for whatever happens in the dark and fell asleep.

Sel was behaving weird though, as if she was on edge but even after probing her to know what was troubling her, she didn't budge. And blocked me.

So I let it go.

Big mistake.

Big fucking mistake.

I can't tell you the time, but it had to be some ungodly hour, when things started going downhill.

The ache started dull, in my head first, and as its intensity increased, it spread from my head to other parts of my body, going right down to my toes.

I felt like someone was poking me with a scalpel. A dull one. Trying to rip open my body with it.

I didn't know I was hyperventilating in my sleep, until I finally opened my eyes to see Alpha Ulysses staring at me with eyes that were filled with anguish and brimming with tears.

"A-alp-ha" I choked out and latched onto his hand for life, my nails digging in his hand.

"Mate! What's happening Mate?" He kept on asking me and he started appearing blurry to me.