Chapter #29- He is shy.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

"We can't go in!" I snap once Alpha Ulysses has parked the car in the pack house's garage.

"Why?" He looks at me warily, his eyes distant.

He needs to get over himself!

I am not going to mark him until well... until he tells me why he sent me away. And if the reason is something silly or pathetic, then he can say goodbye to my beautiful face.

'I am not saying goodbye to your beautiful face anytime soon, Mate' His voice is unwelcomed in my head.

'Get over yourself, Alpha' I hiss, pissed that he is peeping in my head.

Damn him!

'I'd rather get over you' He teases and his words are so surprising that I whip my head sideways to gape at him.

He uses puns in the dumbest of situations!

"No, I don't!" He denies, thankfully not speaking in my head anymore.

Before I can argue that he does, he asks, "Why can't we go in the pack house? Didn't you promise your parents last night that you'd come today?"

"Yeah... but at that time I had no idea that you were gonna mark me" I frown at him, my hand unconsciously making its way to the mark at the junction of my shoulder.

I am dying to see how it looks, different wolves have different marks, but I don't want to look in the rearview mirror.

Not in front of him, at least.

"You don't want them to know that we are Mates?" He asks, his voice emotionless. It's really weird for me how his voice can go from cold to warm to emotionleass so soon!

"Uh... I don't mind telling my parents" Okay, that's a lie! They are gonna be so pissed that I didn't tell them as soon as I knew!

"-but I think it will be too overwhelming for me to face the whole pack at once right now. Without a moments notice!"

"You don't have to worry about that" He eyes me carefully.

"Huh?"

"No one is gonna be in there today. Only my parents, your parents and Damon's parents" He announces.

"What? Why?" So only the ex-leaders are gonna be in there today?

He is still giving me that look, one that is filled with confusion and curiousity.

"Today is the night before full moon" He says like that is supposed to mean something.

"So?"

When he doesn't answer, I snap, "I apologise for not knowing each and everything about the wolf-culture, Alpha! I did not study in werewolf schools in case you forgot!"

I realize that I am not as good in socialising as other wolves are, but that's because I don't know. I don't know what to expect and why to expect it!

I mean I haven't been conditioned to behave like a werewolf, like other wolves my age have been in their schools.

"I am sorry, Mate. I didn't intend to hurt you, okay? I just forgot that you don't have much knowledge about us-"

"Can you please cut the shit short and jump to the point? Why are other wolves not at the pack house today?"

"It's because tomorrow all of us will be taking a run in the forest together as a pack... and well, full moons don't only have an effect on the unmated wolves, they also affect mated ones too. You do know that it is hard for she-wolves to get pregnant, right?" He looks at me to verify it.