Chapter #37- War and Knitting.

Song- Christmas in Hollis by RUN-DMC

I can't help it, it's Christmas!!! XD

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I hiss once my Mate lets go of me, glaring at him for acting like a beast (no pun intended) and manhandling me.

"Go upstairs" He says in a stern voice and I let out a fake laugh, my hands on my hips.

"And do what? Knit by the fireplace until you guys are back from destroying those pieces of shit? The same assholes who killed my friend?!" Fine! I admit it, Bas was my friend, not acquaintance. That arse actually managed to bridge the distance between acquaintance and friend in my life.

"Go upstairs, Mate" He repeats himself, not even blinking, at the venom in my words.

"Spice" I start to plead, but when I notice the blank look he is giving me, I am quick to change tactics.

"You can't fucking leave me behind!" I shout at him, letting all my rage and frustration show.

"Delilah-"

"Ulysses" He lets out an angry sigh and just then, his mom appears on the door with my Mom in tow.

"Your father is waiting for you Lys" Luna Avery tells him, shooting me a look of worry.

"I'll be right there, Ma" He tells his mom without removing his eyes from me, dismissing his Mom, but it is Luna Avery we are talking about, so she ignores her son and walks towards me.

"Why are you being a pain?" She asks me directly and I blanch.

"Pain?"

"You are not going to fight this time, Del, so deal with it. I won't allow your urge of vengeance to rip my pack's future into pieces" Okay, what is she talking about?

I turn towards my mother, who is frowning at me too.

"Oh come on!" I throw my hands up. "Didn't you two drill into me about how a she-wolf is as strong as a male-wolf? How we are as good warriors as anyone out there? So why the hell are you both looking at me as if I am asking to commit felony?" I growl and Luna Avery growls right back, not at me though, but at his son.

"You didn't tell her yet?!" She is glaring daggers at him now with her hands on her hips, and my Mate scowls.

"She wouldn't let me tell her why I need her to stay here with all the kids and the other wolves who can't partake in wars" He looks at me with a hint of emotion in his eyes, and then, without a heads up, drops the bomb at me, "You are pregnant"

"What the-" He has resorted to lying now?

"Don't cuss Delilah!" Mom chastises me.

"I didn't cuss!" I scowl at my Mom and then to my Mate, "Do you think I am dumb? We only made love like yesterday... like... not even 24 hours ago..." I shake my head, avoiding my Mom's eyes, "I may not have grown up with werewolf education, but even I know it is impossible for me to get pregnant after the first time" I let out a laugh when I realize that he thinks he is that good in the sack. Which he is, but he shouldn't think that high of himself, right? Modesty is a virtue, right?

Before my Mate can say a word, my Mom intervenes, "He is not lying, Del. You are pregnant. The whole pack knows that by now" She pats my shoulder with a small smile.

"What the-"

"Delilah!"

"I didn't cuss..." I shake my head, trying to wrap it around whatever my Mom and my Mate are telling me.