Chapter #34- Take a whiff.

Song- Wolves by Selena Gomez.

Why do I feel that this chapter is tooooo cheesy? ;)

I shake hands with all the Alphas and their Lunas after the meeting is over, and stick close by my mate's side, feeling his wolf on edge on having so many wolves from other packs on his land. When my Mate leaves to show them to the door, I stay back and stare idly at the ceiling.

Since the meeting is over, Liv and T are leaving with the visiting Alpha couples to drop them to their hotel, which is owned by the Ash Moon Pack, leaving me with my Mate and our pack members.

I am surprised how well the meeting went, considering how much testosterone was there in the room during the whole meeting. I mean sure a couple of fights broke out when the Crescent Moon and Half Moon packs Alphas started trash talking about the Full Moon Pack's Alpha, but one glare from my Mate and they were all back to normal.

It was eerie to be honest, seeing how almost all the alphas look up at my mate as if he was a God or something.

All the fighters and warriors from the other packs participating in the war will be here in a couple of days. Wonder where they will stay...

"What you thinking about, Mate?" My Alpha wraps his hands around my waist from the behind and I lean into his hold.

"As if you don't know" I trace a random pattern on his hand with my thumb and he gets goosebumps.

What the hell?

'Don't ask' He says in the mind link without me even questioning, and I am left puzzled.

"Seriously, Lys? You couldn't even wait until the Alphas had pulled out of the driveway?" Damon walks up to us and gives my mate a mischievous look. Tulia is beside him and she shakes her head at her mate.

"That's my sister, bro" Hades and Becs come to join us and Becs looks like she is about to laugh any time now.

"What? What'd I miss?" I look from Becs (who has given up on holding her laughter and is actually laughing like a wild maniac) to Hades (who turns fifty shades of red) to Damon (who is smirking at my Mate) to Tulia (who has a poker face on). Everyone else has left the room and are gone about on their business.

"Take a whiff" Tulia tells me and my mate tenses behind me.

"Tulia!" He reprimands and she barely shrugs.

I take a whiff and immediately the smell of arousal hits me. Even I don't need to be told from whom that smell is coming.

Oh...

"I am outta here. I really cannot smell it anymore without gagging! Did I mention she is my sister? My Little sister?" Hades says and grabs Becs, who is still grinning like a fool, with him.

"Cut the Alpha some slack, Dame. His wolf is feeling unstable because of the upcoming war and thinking about his mate is the only way he can stay stable" Tulia says it like she is stating a fact and I remember Becs mentioning to me once that Tulia has a PhD on shifters or something.

Also, how come my mate is so tensed and yet play so cool in front of me?

'He doesn't want you to turn into a weeping mess again, that's why' Sel pitches her two cents.

I don't reply to her, I've learned these days that ignoring her is the best way to keep her silent.

'Fuck you' with those sweet words as a substitute to the good old fashioned adieu, I feel her retreating to the back of my mind.