Chapter #40- The Final Goodbye

Song- See you again- Wiz Khalifa

"This is a cheap shot, even for Bas" Ariana says bitterly, glaring at me. Where are Mel, T, Tag and Ed when I need them?

'You have me' My Mate assures me and I give him a look.

'Sure, if you promise not to have another hissy fit if I faint from hearing too many shocking news!' I give him a look and he doesn't even have the audacity to look ashamed.

'You fainted' He says as if that means something.

'That's possible when someone hears a shocking news, or did you not hear the good weeping doctor?' I ask sarcastically, kind of in awe that Bas's mate who looks like a runway model is actually a pack doctor.

"Ariana-" I start to tell her that we are not lying about Bas's death or helping him evade his Mate who also happens to be his child's mother, but she cuts me off.

"If he doesn't want to see me, well and good, I cannot blame him, but he has to see his son!" She snaps and I share a look with my Mate, who is sitting on the bed I am laying on, above the sheets, and staring impassively at the woman who is not willing to believe that her mate is dead.

"Ariana!" I try to get her to listen, but she is having none of it.

"Does he think Seb is not his son? Does he think Seb is Finnegan's son? Because he is not!" She is almost hysterical.

"Ari-"

"You must know, right? Wolves can only get pregnant with their mate, right?" She looks at me pleadingly and I avert my eyes from her.

"Ari-"

"Please call him Delilah" She is begging me, "Please call him and tell him that he doesn't need to forgive me for betraying him, just tell him that his son wants to meet him very badly" She requests and my Mate finally speaks.

"Why come now though? Why today of all the day?" He asks her and she looks lost.

"Why not today?" She asks curiously.

"We were obviously in the middle of a war when you reached here with your kid in tow" My eyes flit to the boy sleeping on the bed beside me. Spice told me that he helped his mother check my vitals when I was unconscious and slept soon after, crying jetlag.

"I-"

"How did you even manage to sneak here?" I ask, "Without anyone knowing?"

"He knew" She points at my Mate and I frown, "He gave me the directions to your place"

I look at my mate who looks back at me and shrugs.

"What else was I supposed to do? Let the kid and her wander around amidst the war?"

"You knew they were here? And you didn't think about telling me? Giving me a heads up that my dead friend's mate is waiting for us in our home?!" Is he insane?

"I forgot they were here or I wouldn't have brought you here...." He shrugs again and I want to punch him, but Ariana's shriek stops me.

"Stop saying that he is dead! Stop it!" She hisses glaring outright at me.

"But he is-"

"Shut up!"

"Don't talk to my Mate in that tone" My mate's voice is soft, but deadly, and I see the other woman stand a little straighter.

"Alpha-"

"If I remember right, I asked you a question" He says stonily, "And I expect an answer, nothing else"