Chapter #20- Heat (1.0)- Not strong enough to resist you.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

"Paint my nails" I order the big bad Alpha; giving up on bugging him to leave my house.

Hopefully he will just get tired of my demands and leave on his own.

"Sure" he throws his file away as if it has the plague and turns towards me with a smile.

It is the first time that I have seen him smile... so it is only normal for my breath to be knocked out at the sight of it.

It is that beautiful.

I get a warm feeling in my chest and before I can dwell on the feeling, I realize that he is already shuffling through the box of nail polish that Becs had gifted me.

I frown.

I had thought that he will for sure be taken aback by my request and tell me to go to hell with my nails; and then leave me the hell alone in my apartment.... but he looks.... too excited at the prospect of painting my nails.

"Your hand?" He gets on his knees in front of me.

I try to look at this scene from an outsider's point of view and realize that if anyone walked in on us (not that anyone else is home) it would look like Alpha Ulysses is proposing to me.

The warm feeling in my chest migrates to my stomach and before it can spread any further I shake my head and hide my hands behind my back.

They are shaking.

"Why'd you hide your hands?"

"Uh... legs. I want you to do my toes" I am glad I don't stutter.

"Okay" he gives me a sceptical look but shifts backwards and waits.

Why is he giving me that look?

"Are you not gonna spread your legs?"

Wait.

Is it just me or was that an innuendo?!

I narrow my eyes.

"Mind outta the gutter, Mate. I am not going to mate with you in this heat" he gives me a look and I donno why I feel.... disappointed.

"I meant it in the literal sense. Stretch your legs so I can paint your nails" his cheeks have the slightest hint of pink on them.

"Uh..." I unfold my legs and wiggle my toes as he uncaps the bottle.

He sets the bottle on the coffee table and after staring at my (pajama clad) legs for a good ten seconds, grabs my toes.

The sparks that shoot upwards were expected but still manage to catch me off guard.

I suck in a deep breath and try to think of.... things.

Anything other than the man cradling my leg as if it is made of porcelain and applying colour on my nails with more concentration than a scientist studying a new virus.

"Can you not think about it?!" He snaps after a beat.

"About what?" I ask, distracted.

"About whatever it is that you are thinking... because Moon help me your arousal is hitting my nose real hard and I don't think I am strong enough to resist the temptation", he pauses then raises his head up to meet my eye, "To resist you"

My breathing is shallow now and I can bet my life that I am as red as a beetroot because I was just thinking about his touch on my leg.

And imagining it at other places...