Chapter #20- Back to Little West. Again.

Song I am hearing to right now- Boys by Charli XCX

So many hotties in the music video!!! 😶

Chapter #20- Back to Little West. Again.

"You've got to be shitting me" I snap when Claire, the female fox shifter is done speaking.

"I wish" Her voice is resigned.

"So Delilah didn't kill him two years ago?" Ed can't keep the disbelief out of his voice.

"You really should go for the jugular instead of gut when you intend to kill Del" Claire advises me.

"What I don't understand is, if Link was alive for the past two years, why was he hiding? Why come out now?" I raise a brow.

"Very few foxes knew of him being alive. Less than a handful. Not even his own clan knew about it" Claire scrunches her brows because she is a part of his clan, "But then, he came to us last week, out of blue" She clicks her finger.

"Why didn't you tell me as soon as he showed his face?" Ed demands, the nerve in his forehead throbbing.

"You were kinda incognito..." she trails off, her eyes once again landing on my mate. For the 10 minutes she's been in this room, her eyes always flit towards my Mate. It is beginning to piss me off.

"When did you start recruiting Alphas, Ed?" She questions idly and I glare at her.

"Since Bas" I sneer and Ed chucks his tongue.

"Stop it Delilah. We have a bigger problem at hand here than Claire's desire for your mate" Ed putting it in words only makes me see a darker, uglier shade of red.

"Why are you helping them if Link is the leader of your clan?" Alpha Ulysses asks, his voice monotonous.

"I am on Ed's payroll" She tells him with a sly smile.

"Double Agent?" My Mate cocks his head to the side.

"Yeah" She replies and when I notice her eyes darken with lust for my man, I make a show of putting my hand on his torso, marking my territory.

Seriously though? We have a psychopath fox on the loose out there and she is lusting after my mate?!

"He your Mate?" She finally asks and I fix her with a glare.

My Mate straightens beside me and pulls aside his shirt's neck to flash his mark.

"Ooh" Claire's eyes twinkle at the sight of the mark. "Congratulations" she tells me and turns towards Ed.

"There is something else" she starts.

"What?" Ed tenses.

"Word is on the street that Link was living with the Hyenas, the same one she crossed-" A not so slight point towards me, "-forthe last couple of years... brewing a plan to take her down. Along wuth your whole damn team"

I take a sharp breath in and Ed turns towards me.

"Leave" He orders.

"What about-" I start to argue.

"Leave now, Delilah. Take Bas and Van with you. And there will be some other shifters waiting for you at my place. Take them too" He tells me.

"How are you going to leave then?" I demand. If he is sending all his emoyees with us, how the fuck will he keep himself safe?!

"I told you I'll see you in your hometown in a couple of weeks, did I not?" He asks raising a brow.

"Yeah but-"