Chapter #23- Deals over breakfast.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

The morning sun hits my face and I cringe. Why are the curtains not drawn again?

Wait, sun?
Shit!
Is it morning already?!

I AM SO SO LATE FOR WORK.

Mr Ryan is gonna fire me.

'We don't work for him anymore' Sel's tired voice corrects me.

I realize that yeah... I don't work for him anymore.
I work for the Alpha.

'You sound off, Sel. What's up?' I am worried about her. Heat is never good on her and she is usually in carnal pain... but today, she just sounds pained.

The I-am-physically-hurting pain.

'I donno... I feel drowsy...' She tells me and then blocks me out.

For some reason I am glad. If she is physically exhausted she'll be easier to handle. Usually the second day of the heat is worst for her.

I open my eyes and frown.

Why is a brown wolf painted on my ceiling.

Wait, how come I never noticed it before? The wolf looks familiar and I try to place where I'd last seen it, and when my mind comes up with nothing, I let it go.

How come the bed is so warm today?

I need to get up and take a bath. Get dressed. Eat. Go to the office. Eat. Do shit for Alpha Ulysses. Eat. Do more office shit. Eat. Go and buy myself a phone. Eat. Call Teague. Eat. Come back home. Eat. Go to sleep.

Great day ahead of me.

If it involves food then it is going to be great. Duh.

Let's get started with the day.

I get up, or at least I try to, but I realize I can't.
Something is stopping me. Or more correctly, someone. Or to be even more accurate, someone's hand.

I don't have to turn around to look and confirm who it is, the sparks do it for me.

But still, I turn, and stare at my Mate.

His lips are pulled in a frown, his eyebrows furrowed and temple have those worries lines.

What is he dreaming about?

His lips are whispering something, and there is a sheath of sweat on his forehead.

What is he dreaming about?

"No..." he moans, as if in pain, and my curiosity heightens.

"Please.... no...."

His hands that are holding me dig deeper and though it is supposed to hurt, it doesn't.

"Please... I need.... her..."

Who? Who does he need? Who is she?

"Please.... please.... no... not her"

I can't hear his anguished words anymore so I try to wake him up.

"Alpha Ulysses?" I call out his name tentatively.

"Don't.... don't talk... don't take her... na-me"

"Alpha Ulysses!" I try to shake him when I see the fierce look on his face.

"NO!" He wakes up with a wild scream, the force of his body pushing me back.

"It was just a dream. Just a dream. No one can touch her" He is muttering frantically under his breath, as if not noticing my presence.