Chapter #12- Where is Lys?

Song I am listening to (on rewind)- Hasta El Amanecer by Nicky Jam.

It's Spanish (I guess) and I have no idea what the lyrics mean (I don't know Spanish nor am I sure if the language is really Spanish or not...) but what I do know is somehow I know the lyrics (of the full song!) And everytime I listen to it, I sing along like crazy.

Chapter #12- Where is Lys?

I look at Alpha Ulysses' face and though I had promised him that I would sleep in with him, I just can't get Becs and Hades out of my mind.

They are upset about something. Troubled.

And until I know what is bugging my brother, and find a way to make things right for him, I will not sit still.

If I have to prop a pillow in my place in Alpha Ulysses' arms while he sleeps then so be it.

I sneak out of our bedroom and lock the door behind me. We were out patrolling till 8 in the morning, and it is now noon.

Stifling a yawn, I paddle to the guest bedroom's bathroom and take a quick bath and put on the clothes I had snatched from my wardrobe before leaving the bedroom.

An Oxford shirt and knee length black skirt.

Becs and Hades must be in the office, and now that the pack knows that I am the to-be Luna, I might as well choose my clothing carefully.

Towel drying my hair and putting it in a tight bun, I tip toe my way to the kitchen, open the fridge to find some leftover cupcakes (Love You Tag!). Shoving a couple of them in my mouth, I snatch a tetrapack of OJ and make my way to the door.

'He'll be worried if he wakes up and doesn't find us beside him' Sel murmurs and I cringe.

'I know'

'Maybe we should wake him up and let him know we are leaving... or leave him a note...'

'He is not used to working on 4 hours of sleep like us' I warn her.

'But-'

'I will not let him sacrifice on his sleep and be distorted for the rest of the day just to accompany us to interrogate Hades' I hiss and block her.

Jabbing the button for the elevator, I softly close the apartment door behind me. Luckily my Mate has a private elevator, so I don't have to wait for it to come up. It is already stationed for me.

Entering the box, I feel a tug in my chest and despite my body not wanting me to do it, I watch the elevator door close and taking a deep breath, press the ground button.

'Don't you think you shouldn't have-' I cut Sel off by blocking her.

(*-*)

"Miss me?" I peep in Becs office and she literally jumps from her chair and stares at me with wide eyes.

"Del?" She puts a hand on her chest and breathes deeply.

"The one and only" I grin and pretend like I didn't notice that she was staring blankly at the computer screen, so deep in her thoughts that she didn't hear me open her office door.

"You scared me" she hisses as I take a seat on a chair in front of her.

"What were you thinking about?" Did I mention my crappy habit of not being able to beat around the bush?

"No-nothing...."

"I call bullshit"

"I was really just studying this file that Damon emailed me..."