She was lost // Negan

Requested by SKShirokuma

I was lost without him, my heart belonged to him and he didn't break it once. We lost each other when the outbreak happened, screams filled the open space and crowds of people rushed to get to safety pulled me along and we got separated. He would shout my name as I tried to reach him but he was too far away to run in the opposite direction of all the people running and fighting. His voice is almost lost, I can hardly remember him. His beard, his hair and his eye - all forgotten after years of being apart. Was I over it? Not by a long shot, but I had to get by life and stop crying over my presumably dead husband.

I'm getting along great now, better than ever before. I met with some people not that long ago, after days without food and water, they were the only chance of survival. Even if they were going to kill me I'd take my chances - even if it was for a drop of water but they provided me with so much more than I could ever imagine. Food, weapons, a house and civilization, it was amazing. The man who found me was called Rick and the place I now call home is Alexandria.

I was out in the garden - watering crops as the warm sun brightened the sky and small beats of sweat rolled off my forehead as I used my hand to wipe it away ever so often. I smiled and enjoyed what I have, but the hard truth never left my mind. His death, I could almost picture how it could have happened - walkers feeding off his rotten corpse while he tried to escape them. But then again he could still be alive, but I doubt it. Negan was a strong man, but not one fit for the apocalypse.

Dozens of unknown men walked into homes and buildings taking what they wanted. Beds, weapons, food and even chairs. Everything was taken from us and I didn't know why, they all looked dangerous and I didn't want to approach any of them. I wonder if Rick knows about this, and if so why is he letting this go on?

I passed the men who watched me, intimating me with their stare. I shuddered at the thought of them going through my drawers and taking what's mine, the things I've had before the apocalypse. Things Negan gave to me.

I saw Rick talking to a man, he stood the opposite way from me and I could only see the back of his head. By the way he leads this awful group I picture him with a big nose and missing teeth, the worst man and ugliest is standing closer to me than I'd like.
Rick held a Weapon I'd never seen before, it's horrible features made me shake in fear as I thought about me being on the other end. It's metal, sharp wire circled around a baseball bat. Dried blood covered it looking like red was the original colour, and skin was hanging from the spikes in the wire. It was disgusting knowing what this man has done to people like us.

Rick told me about this man, he was responsible of Glenn and Abraham's death. He was responsible for the cries that came from everyone, the tears of lost and hatred was the only memory of them.

"Half of your shit is mine" his voice sounded rough but confident, he knows what he's doing and he knows why he's doing it. My head cocked towards them, my feet involuntary inching towards the two men. Even though the man was cruel there was something alluring about him, maybe it was his strong voice or maybe even it was the way he stands. Either way I wanted him.

"Rick..?" His eyes switched from the man to me, his stare looked frightened - telling me to leave before I got hurt. I didn't want to leave, I wanted to know who this man was and why he was here.

The man knew I was standing behind him, but he didn't care - he was talking to Rick and his full attention was on him. Perhaps he'll turn around after they've done talking, the back of his head was getting sickening to look at as I needed to see his face.

He was talking more, but the words flew over my head as I was more curious about his voice and they way his words fell out his mouth at a slow speed as if he was talking to a child. His low chuckles vibrated through his body and his back shook as he leaned back - talking more.

He was finished speaking - his point had been made, and he was going to follow Rick through Alexandria. A tour almost.

He knew I was still behind him, Rick's eyes kept switching from him to me. And every time he did he would get more angry, his voice fuming with frustration.

He turned his body around, his eyes instantly fixated on me as if I was an object in his way. Suddenly his eyes turned to calm and welcoming in seconds - the sudden love that was lost in his mind found it own way to be shown once again through the emotion in his eyes. "Yukihime" he croaked out, his voice sounded in pain.

"Negan..." the words couldn't form out my mouth in time bofore his lips joined into mine for a brief second - waiting Until we were alone to kiss for real. His sudden change in mood and emotion feared Rick, his face confused as he stood behind us.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, scanning behind his body at the masses of cars and vehicles outside the town - all parked in a single file and doors open to get our supplies inside. "Why are you taking our stuff?" I asked once again as he didn't answer the first time.

"I didn't know you lived here" he told me, his face filling with regret as he thought all all the things he's done to us and our group.
"That's not the point Negan, why are you taking things from people?"

"It's called surviving" he said, his voice sounding calm but deep down there was a boiling rage forming that he didn't want to let escape.

"We're surviving just fine without taking from others" Rick looked petrified with the way I was talking to him as crowds of people both from Negan's group and Alexandria formed around us to see what was happening

He didn't say anything else as his brain tried to think of something to say without pissing me off or insulting himself "come back with me" he said, his hand open for me to take.

My eyes opened at the offer, my hand inching slowly towards him. I couldn't just leave like that, Negan was the enemy and I belong to Alexandria. I couldn't do it, I didn't want to do it

"Okay" my hand grabbed his as he took me towards his car. I didn't dare look back at anyone from Alexandria, their faces would haunt me. I needed Negan back as much as I didn't want to admit it, I missed him. He was the enemy, but maybe I could teach him to become the hero

********

Not the best of works I've done but I guess it'll have to do. If you liked it please vote and comment and please follow me. Thank you :)))))